Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? About Macys combining limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

? About Macys combining limits

So I understand that it appears they will only combine limits for furniture accts if you have a balance. However, ill be a little ticked off if mine doesnt combine, as when i got it last month, they DID HP me for it. I am going to try to buy my mattress before they close, however i will not rush the purchase if i cant afford it before hand.

I know it is my fault, and that i did initiate the furniture line, but i think its a little shady if they are Hp some people for a new account that will end up closing in a month or two. They made no mention of it closing at the time of request. But obviously, i was aware of it.

I take full responsibility for my actions and accept it will probably not combine if i dont buy the mattress in time. Just bitchin' 😉

And it seems im in the minority as no one else recieved a hp for the line. But i did get a myfico alert for it, so im sure of it.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Re: ? About Macys combining limits

Wrong- they will only increase your CL by the amount you OWE on these seperate lines. BEWARE
BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 2 of 3
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: ? About Macys combining limits

All is just pure speculation at this point. there have been a few letters out there. with different information even from macys . so i would not worry about it. some letters say. july 18th. all will combine. other letters say august 6th. so the one constant fact. no one knows. take what ever you get here on the forum with a grain of salt as none of us work in the board room for macys. we will see it when it happens. if they combine. if they don't. at this point it does not matter. but hey. worth trying if you want to buy something just to have a higher credit limit. No thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.