Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? About being AU on DH's Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

? About being AU on DH's Credit Card

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new here, I've had some past credit troubles and have been on the road to recovery for a while now but my credit score is just so-so.  (EQ-664). One of the problems is that my DH put me as a AU on one of his CC's a while ago and now it's showing up on my report! The reason it's such a problem is that the card is maxed out and usage is like 99%. My usage on my open cards varies from 0-5% so my usage is now at 82%! (This includes a derog bal of $2284 on a closed account, will be removed 8/2009) He didn't give them my SS# or anything so how did it end up on my report? More importantly, how do I get it off? If DH removes me as a AU will it automatically come off? Or can I dispute with CR to get it off? TIA

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Fico_Dish
New Contributor

Re: ? About being AU on DH's Credit Card

yes ask yoru DH to call the CC and ask them to remove you as a AU. It will probably take a few months before it gets off your report.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ? About being AU on DH's Credit Card

I just called them and asked to be removed as AU and they did so without much problem. I then asked for a letter I could send to the CRA's to remove the account from my CR. That was a little more of a hassle...them hemmed and hawed, passed me around to three different people, then finally agreed to send me one. I'll be keeping an eye on my report to be sure it is removed.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.