Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About building my credit

tag
m3rge
Regular Contributor

About building my credit

¡Hi everyone!

I currently have 631 CS. I would like to get a credit card to build more my credit. I would like to know what would be the best credit card to get in order to start building my credit profile.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HiLine
Blogger

Re: About building my credit

Where did you get that score from? There are many types of credit scores available out there...

Message 2 of 4
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

In order to help you, we really need a little more information. Did your credit score come from myFICO, or did it come from another site? As HiLine said, there are many types of credit scores and we need to be sure that we're comparing apples to apples. Also, have you pulled a copy of your full credit report? If so, are there any pieces of negative information ("baddies") on there, such as collections, charge-offs, judgements or late payments? Do you have any active accounts, and if so, what type? Credit cards, installment loans such as car payments, student loans, mortgages, etc? How much do you owe on your accounts relative to their credit lines? How old is your oldest account, and what is the average age of your accounts (AAoA)? Have you applied for credit recently, and if so, how many inquries are on your report?

None of this is to pry, but rather to help evaluate your situation and give you the best possible advice. Different credit cards have different approval criteria, and the information above will help to determine which cards are likely to be a good match for you at this point in time.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 4
m3rge
Regular Contributor

Hello and thanks for the fast response:

I would like to apology for not being so specific i'm starting to learn about all of this credit topic.

Tinuviel:

-The credit score is from equifax
-Last time I pulled my credit report was on 4/14/12
- About the "baddies" I only see a negative account (I don't know if that's good or bad was a loan but it's already paid in full)
-My active account is a Mortgage
-I used to have a student loan for 5,000.00 and I was supposed to pay it starting december 26 2012, but I managed to pay it in full before the date mentioned (I have the certification of paid in full)
–AAOA is 1 year 10 months
–If we say that the student loan don't count for being ing paid in full I still have another loan of 2,200.00 that I will pay in full by january.
–My credit report pull on 4/4/12 shows 2 credit inquiries (one is the mortgage and the other is furniture)

I hope this information can have help.

Thank you,

Jorge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.