Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About credit steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

About credit steps

This week I successfully requested CLIs for both my QS1 and platinum, both in credit steps. 500 limit, 1,000 increase to 1,500. Emails I got originally said that I would get my steps increase at the 5th or 6th month mark, to go from 500 to 750. So, does this mean that at the six month mark, I will go up to 1,750? Or could I maybe see more at the six month mark? I've only had these cards for a little over two months now.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: About credit steps

Getting a CLI resets the clock back to 6 months from my experience.

I've seen people say that they've gotten 2 CLI's in less than 6 months but it didn't happen for me.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Per the EO of cap 1. Once credit steps gives first increase you are off the program. Wait 6 months and request. I just went round and round 10 days and due to my qs1 recent increase, no dice! So wait and wait! Or maybe gonna push for the big VENTURE initial cl!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah, the venture is definitely one I might be looking into! I was referring to the actual steps increase. What they tell you your increase will be in the email they send you about the credit steps. Since I got a CLI before my steps could I see more on my actual steps increase? Or will it be exactly what they told me in the email?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will still get your CLI from the steps program and the amount will vary. Many users have reported requesting a CLI before the auto-CLI-steps and still getting the auto CLI. Some have reported getting an increase much more than the steps said it would be. DW and I will be finding this out around April to May.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.