Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About ready to close Barclay.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: About ready to close Barclay.

Guess I could see getting one for large purchases because of the low interest, but I'm more the type going for miles/travel rewards and PIF.  May have to check it out though.

Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just went on their site, and one user state that they do HP for everything, including CLI, is this true?  User also said HPs can lower credit score by up to 20 points for 2 years?  Is this all true?  May not apply if this is the case.

Message 42 of 45
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Good point.  I believe when I applied for the Barclay it was the only card offering 2% for certain particular purchases.  Of course, now there is Citi Double Cash that I know of.  What are the other cards offering 2% on all purchases?  I might have to look into those, even though I truly like Barclaycards and find no reason to denegrate any of their cards.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 43 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have the Double Cash as well, just PC'd to it, even if it's only $500 CL.  Smiley Sad    Rather use that than the arrival+.

Message 44 of 45
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Good point.  I believe when I applied for the Barclay it was the only card offering 2% for certain particular purchases.  Of course, now there is Citi Double Cash that I know of.  What are the other cards offering 2% on all purchases?  I might have to look into those, even though I truly like Barclaycards and find no reason to denegrate any of their cards.

Other free 2% cashback cards include Fidelity Visa (from Elan) and Blispay, which gets talked about a lot on these forums.

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.