Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About ready to close Barclay.

tag
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Re: About ready to close Barclay.

One more quick question. Will it be a soft pull with the credit analyst?

Thanks

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 31 of 45
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@My_Fako wrote:

One more quick question. Will it be a soft pull with the credit analyst?

Thanks

It could go either way, so you should ask if you don't want the hard pull.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 32 of 45
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

The card may be considered a starter/rebuilt card, but I value the card for the 2% for utilities.  When I applied I was given a credit limit of $10,000 and that was long before my credit scores were as good as they are now.  I use the card every month for utiltiies, as well as grooming for animals, haircuts, storage rental, etc., and pay it every month.  I am happy with the limit and have no plans to ask for a CLI.  Will restate that IMO this is a highly valuable card to me.

The 2% on utilities used to be a (relatively) unique and useful feature (for those that aren't surcharged for using a card).  But with free 2% everywhere cards more widely available, niches like this have much less attraction.

Message 33 of 45
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Honestly, I would be just as happy with a $1,000 limit for my utilities do not exceed that in a month.  Forgot to also remind that the card give 2% on drugstores and Ulta, when Ulta codes as a drugstore.  I just don't understand why anyone denegrates this card.

@Anonymous wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

The card may be considered a starter/rebuilt card, but I value the card for the 2% for utilities.  When I applied I was given a credit limit of $10,000 and that was long before my credit scores were as good as they are now.  I use the card every month for utiltiies, as well as grooming for animals, haircuts, storage rental, etc., and pay it every month.  I am happy with the limit and have no plans to ask for a CLI.  Will restate that IMO this is a highly valuable card to me.

True for some they are valuable but look at your limit vs OP limit of $1k and as an example my moms limit of $1.5k....Honestly I think there's two versions of the card looking at the T&C..One that is a rebuilder and the other gives higher limits but both branded the same, What happens when you hit submit determines where you sit.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 34 of 45
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Honestly, I would be just as happy with a $1,000 limit for my utilities do not exceed that in a month.  Forgot to also remind that the card give 2% on drugstores and Ulta, when Ulta codes as a drugstore.  I just don't understand why anyone denegrates this card.

@Anonymous wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

True for some they are valuable but look at your limit vs OP limit of $1k and as an example my moms limit of $1.5k....Honestly I think there's two versions of the card looking at the T&C..One that is a rebuilder and the other gives higher limits but both branded the same, What happens when you hit submit determines where you sit.

Me neither. 2% on groceries, utilities, and even drug stores is pretty great. And unlike so many other cards you don't have to wait for your points, and you can redeem them very quickly. I find it to be a very useful card.

Message 35 of 45
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

I am really torn and confused and undecided when it comes to Barclay.  On one hand, the $200 sign up bonus when I opened my Arrival card came in handy, but after that, I had other cards that seemed more rewarding and worth the effort to put my spend on.

The only Barclay card I may be interested in sometime down the road in the distant future is the Ring.  I like the flat low APR on that card.  It would be ideal to have a large credit limit on it, but considering how I have been neglecting my one and only card from them, I am not optimistic.

Anyone with the Ring card?  Interested in hearing more about it, but it doesn't seem all that popular.

Message 36 of 45
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Me neither. 2% on groceries, utilities, and even drug stores is pretty great. And unlike so many other cards you don't have to wait for your points, and you can redeem them very quickly. I find it to be a very useful card.

I think Rewards isn't that popular on here because nowadays there are tons of flat 2% back cards on everything. However, I think Rewards is still excellent as a starter card because the 2% cards have stricter underwriting. Building with Rewards really helped me. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 37 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Absolution16 wrote:

I am really torn and confused and undecided when it comes to Barclay.  On one hand, the $200 sign up bonus when I opened my Arrival card came in handy, but after that, I had other cards that seemed more rewarding and worth the effort to put my spend on.

The only Barclay card I may be interested in sometime down the road in the distant future is the Ring.  I like the flat low APR on that card.  It would be ideal to have a large credit limit on it, but considering how I have been neglecting my one and only card from them, I am not optimistic.

Anyone with the Ring card?  Interested in hearing more about it, but it doesn't seem all that popular.

absolution, the Ring is a great low interest card to have in your arsenal. Certainly a number of CU cards also offer low interest, but Ring is a very good card to have as well. Low APR on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. No fees on balance transfers as well.

There are also no foreign transaction fees on the card.

I've been a Barclay customer since 2014 and had my Ring since early this year. The online Ring community and crowdsourcing aspect of the card is very nice, and cardmembers have the opportunity to vote on card benefits and express their opinion.

It's possible that if you open the Ring, you may be able to move part or all of your limit from the Arrival card over. (I say "you may be able to", because sometimes Barclays allows this, and in other situations they don't -  it's really hit or miss).

Very happy with the Ring card and would recommend it. Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 45
kdm31091
Super Contributor

People degenerate the card because while 2 percent on x y and z may be nice, the fact is flat rate 2 percent cards still match or beat it.
Message 39 of 45
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Absolution16 wrote:

I have the Ring card.

It isn't more popular because it has no bells and whistles.

It's my absolute favorite credit card in the world.

$3 cash advance fee; zero balance transfer fee; 8.25% interest on EVERYTHING even cash advances; they send you balance transfer & cash advance checks. I love it.

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.