About those secured cards...

Which would you reccomend?

-I was denied at BofA

Frequent Contributor

Re: About those secured cards...

armyguy90 wrote:

-I was denied at BofA

All cards have different benefits. When I look at the entire packages, if I was in the market for a Secured card, I would choose this one. Regardless of which one you choose, I would recommend reading the entire terms and conditions, nit just the glossy highlights on the main page of any offer.

Best of luck in your endeavors getting a card.

http://www.publicsavings.com/

Contributor

Took your advice and just called them. You have to be 21 to get a secured card with them. Im only 19.
Established Contributor

If you are eligible you might try Navy Federal Credit Union.
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
Current (7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

I really liked my Wells Fargo. It had a pretty low annual fee, no other fees, and it converted to unsecured after a year and now it does not have an annual fee.

I don't recall the rate because I don't carry a balance on credit cards.

Quicken Online doesn't connect to Public Savings; Orchard doesn't have good online bill pay.
New Contributor

sorry to hear that you were denied for b of a secured i was just approved today the 10/30/2009 what are your scores mine was 641 and they pulled experian but call a credit analyst and tell them to reconsider your application and if not well i recommend to get new millenium which i also got on 9/2009 and it helped me raise my scores with in a month from 552 to 641 so go for it and dont give up.

I know this is an old post, but you can download data in to Quicken.
Epic Contributor

DickC wrote:

armyguy90 wrote:

-I was denied at BofA

All cards have different benefits. When I look at the entire packages, if I was in the market for a Secured card, I would choose this one. Regardless of which one you choose, I would recommend reading the entire terms and conditions, nit just the glossy highlights on the main page of any offer.

Best of luck in your endeavors getting a card.

http://www.publicsavings.com/

More info on Publicsavings please, I don't see anything about it graduating or growing with you?

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor

I have a Public Savings secured CC for my husband. Unfortunately, I just read recently that it does NOT at any time convert to an unsecured card. SUCK! I have an Orchard secured CC, and will respectfully disagree with the poster who said they don't have good online bill pay. It may take a few days to post, but I've not had a single problem with my payments at all, and it seems to be a decent card.
Ch.7 BK ~ Discharged 4/08
MyFico 5/31/15 ~ EQ 649 | TU 614 | EX 621
Mtg pull 1/20/15 ~ EQ 667 | TU 689 | EX 665
CapOne QS (8/14) ~ $3,000CL | Barclay Rewards (12/14) ~ $500CL | CapOne PP (3/15) ~ $1,000CL | SallieMae (4/15) ~ $1,500CL | CapOne Plat-AU (4/15) ~ $1,000CL | MOVFCU (5/15) ~ $3,000CL | CareCredit (5/15) ~ $800 | DCU Visa (6/15) ~ $2,000CL |
CapOne Venture (6/15) ~ $5,000CL
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.