cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to activate new BOA card - should I ask rep for CLI?

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

About to activate new BOA card - should I ask rep for CLI?

I all

About 10 days ago, I posted that I got approved for a BOA card - but it only had $1100 CL, The card arrived yesterday, Should i call in to activate it - and at the same time, see if the CL could be raised to be in-line with the other limits that i have?

If i can get a CL, this could my main "go-to" card because the interest after the intro period is the best that I have

Thanks all - have a great day!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditControl
Contributor

Re: About to activate new BOA card - should I ask rep for CLI?

That's what I did.  In fact, I did it before I received the card!  I was approved and given my limit then decided to call to see if I could get a higher limit.  My initial CL was 8k, I spoke with an analyst who said it would take a hard pull on TU and I went for it.  I asked for 12k and was instantly approved which of course left me feeling that I should have asked for 16k!!!!

If you don't mind the hard pull - go for it.

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Message 2 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 10
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

it will be a hard pull on TU. I'd say wait for an auto increase. 

Message 4 of 10
tld409
Regular Contributor

BOA doesn't do auto increases. At least this what I was a told by an analysis. They stope auto increases awhile ago. 

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 5 of 10
resilient
Established Contributor

Man, you've got a high Belk limit! Dwarfs mine in comparison! BTW, BofA is good about CLI, at least to me. Go for it.

@CreditControl wrote:

That's what I did.  In fact, I did it before I received the card!  I was approved and given my limit then decided to call to see if I could get a higher limit.  My initial CL was 8k, I spoke with an analyst who said it would take a hard pull on TU and I went for it.  I asked for 12k and was instantly approved which of course left me feeling that I should have asked for 16k!!!!

If you don't mind the hard pull - go for it.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 6 of 10
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all

Ouch! i'm not in favor of a HP though - they only did one about 10 days ago when I was approved - I'll see what they say

Message 7 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol @creditcontrol. I asked for $15k and got 10k which means I should have asked for $25k to get to 15k that I wanted lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
They will probably pull TU for the Cli

+1

So, if you want to avoid the HP, I wouldn't do it unless there's absolute necessity for CLI - other than to "match" your other CLs.... needs vs wants.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.