Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to apply for Chase Hyatt - need help

tag
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

About to apply for Chase Hyatt - need help

Hi Everyone. I am about to apply for the Chase Hyatt. DH and I are taking a trip to Chicago this summer, and the two free nights could come in handy. I remember hearing that 5/24 may start applying to partner cards. Does anyone know if this is the case for sure now? It will make a difference on which one of us applies. He would be fine in that aspect, and has a good relationship. However, my credit profile is better right now utilization-wise, and I would not mind getting in with Chase. Please advise, and thanks in advance.

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
red259
Super Contributor

Re: About to apply for Chase Hyatt - need help

@PandiferBear wrote:

Hi Everyone. I am about to apply for the Chase Hyatt. DH and I are taking a trip to Chicago this summer, and the two free nights could come in handy. I remember hearing that 5/24 may start applying to partner cards. Does anyone know if this is the case for sure now? It will make a difference on which one of us applies. He would be fine in that aspect, and has a good relationship. However, my credit profile is better right now utilization-wise, and I would not mind getting in with Chase. Please advise, and thanks in advance.

As far as I know the 5/24 for co-brands was supposed to go into effect in April. When in April I do not know so there may still be time. I know I just got the chase marriott card approved at the end of March. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 17
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

As far as I know the 5/24 for co-brands was supposed to go into effect in April. When in April I do not know so there may still be time. I know I just got the chase marriott card approved at the end of March. 

Thanks for your input! I remember hearing 4/1 as the date, but I am just not sure, as it seemed quite speculative. I wonder if anyone has gotten one since with 5/24.

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 3 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

First the rumor was March then April all based on a non creditable source who still isn't right 50% of the time ....Lol

If you want it go for it 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 17
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

First the rumor was March then April all based on a non creditable source who still isn't right 50% of the time ....Lol

If you want it go for it 

Maybe I will give it a shot. I really would like it, and I would definitely keep it long-term. The 24 is what hurts me. I have been very good for about the last 20 months. Ugh. I am at 1% utilization currently. I guess if I try and fail, he could do it. He is prequalified for CSP, and has a couple Chase cards, and is below the 5/24. I feel like he could get it if I could not. My limits and profile are just better right now. His personal utilization is only 3%, but he is an authorized user on super old accounts of his parents that have much higher utilization, which make his closer to 15%, but I think there is one AU account that is 60%. Ugh.

Message 5 of 17
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

And his FICOs are much higher. He is 750 to 780 across the board.

Message 6 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@PandiferBear wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

If you want it go for it 

Maybe I will give it a shot. I really would like it, and I would definitely keep it long-term. The 24 is what hurts me. I have been very good for about the last 20 months. Ugh. I am at 1% utilization currently. I guess if I try and fail, he could do it. He is prequalified for CSP, and has a couple Chase cards, and is below the 5/24. I feel like he could get it if I could not. My limits and profile are just better right now. His personal utilization is only 3%, but he is an authorized user on super old accounts of his parents that have much higher utilization, which make his closer to 15%, but I think there is one AU account that is 60%. Ugh.

FWIW Chase doesn't factor in AU accounts so factor that into your decision as well 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 17
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

If you want it go for it 

FWIW Chase doesn't factor in AU accounts so factor that into your decision as well 

Thanks for reminding me of that!! I had not even considered that. I am not even sure how that would affect things, really. His AAoA is still a little longer than mine, but at least he may not be penalized for the balances that are not his. Dang, it sure is different applying for cards now than it was when I started. I really try to think it over so much. Sometimes I think that I may overthink. However, it sure is better than when I was super impulsive.

Message 8 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@PandiferBear wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

If you want it go for it 

Thanks for reminding me of that!! I had not even considered that. I am not even sure how that would affect things, really. His AAoA is still a little longer than mine, but at least he may not be penalized for the balances that are not his. Dang, it sure is different applying for cards now than it was when I started. I really try to think it over so much. Sometimes I think that I may overthink. However, it sure is better than when I was super impulsive.

Well said 

Good luck PandiferBear & DH

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 17
red259
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

If you want it go for it 

The reports were never March for co-brand cards. They have always said sometime in April. It was march for biz cards. I hven't seen any datapoiints on the business cards yet, since march ended so it is not clear if 5/24 went into effect for the business cards yet. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.