Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to be 700+

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: About to be 700+

@unknown_entity wrote:
I wouldn't want an AMEX if there's any chance of getting a "financial review" from them. (what's up with that anyway?) I wonder if they can do that if it's a Citi Amex..?? Anyone know?
AmEx F/R's are only done on cards that are issued by AmEx. So Citi AmEx, BofA AmEx, USAA AmEx, etc--these are immune.

I also heard AMEX doesn't report credit limits either. I suppose, if you are a high end income earner with comparable accounts it doesn't really matter but if you aren't, that could tap your utilization.

AmEx charge cards, what my kids call "old-fashioned American Express cards" don't report limits, and they are supposed to be reported in a separate section to keep them out of util figures. The newer AmEx credit cards, aka the "revolvers," such as Blue, Blue Cash, Blue Sky, Delta SkyMiles, etc., do report limits and are treated exactly like other CC's for scoring purposes. HTH

edit: cripes, ducky beats me again!

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-24-2008 06:37 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 15
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Yeah it did, Thanks!!  Does Discover do the "financial review" thingy with it's cards?
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried a credit union?  A lot of use have CCCU.  ALSO WHY NOT COMBINE YOUR CAP ONE CARDS AND DROP THOSE LOW LIMIT CARDS ESPECIALLY FIRST PREMIER (are they charging you much?)  You could probably get a WAMU with a pretty good cl.
Good Luck. 
Message 13 of 15
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

All the initial fees have been paid on the First Premier card.  It is now 9.9% with a 6 dollar a month AF charge.  I'm pretty sure all the fees are initially on the card except for the AF that they charge monthly.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

WELL WHEN I GOT FIRST PREMIER THEY GAVE ME CL OF 250 AND CHARGES OF 178.Smiley SurprisedSmiley Sad  CLOSED IT THE DAY I GOT IT.  WHEN I GOT ORCHARD THEY CHARGED AF BUT GAVE ME 2 OR 3 INCREASES OVER TIME,  HSBC ALSO SENT ME A CARD WITH NO A/F WHICH I STILL HAVE BUT DON'T USE.  ORCHARD IS LONG GONE
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.