Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to bite the bullet with PenFed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: About to bite the bullet with PenFed

I should add that US Bank is not Bankruptcy friendly. You may want to go with a Barclays offer.
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I should add that US Bank is not Bankruptcy friendly. You may want to go with a Barclays offer.

Hey parts -

We all understand your personal dislike of PenFed.  I myself have been critical of certain PenFed aspects in the past.  However, you may want to reconsider taking out your dislike onto PenFed patrons or advocates. 

To each their own. 

The one thing to consider also in the cards you have mentioned is that they have "promo" rates of 6 to 12 months then the rate jumps back to "standard" rates. 

PenFed is famous for providing very low "for life of transfer rates."  Currently their 4.99 is 24 months, but most of this year they offered 2.99% for life. 

For those folks who do need to park a balance and payoff over a longer period, this is an extremely valuable option and does give PenFed a point to their credit.

I list these points merely for the benefit of any readers who may not fully understand the differences of the BT rates, terms, etc.

Have a good one Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 23
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Thread locked and under Moderator review.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.