Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to get my first bbr reward!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

About to get my first bbr reward!!

So I am super exicited, just quick question on how/when it will post. I have no accounts with them, just the credit card so I know it will show as statement credit. Here are my statement cut dates so far:

October 8th: balance 109 -->PIF
November 8th: balance 254-->PIF
December 8th: balance 188-->PIF

The rep told me it will post "sometime before Jan 30th"

So, will it post whenew my statement cuts on January 8th? Or do I gotta like wait for it to post sometime within the statement cycle, and the PIF?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
core
Valued Contributor

Re: About to get my first bbr reward!!

You know you're giving up $20 a year by not having the linked account, right?  Just making sure.   Anyway my savings account credit for Q3 showed up on 10/05 which doesn't correspond to any of my statement dates so I'd expect it on your next statement.  I don't have any other data since mine's linked to the savings account, but I can't imagine they'd post a statement credit mid-cycle?  I guess maybe.

Just make sure you have more than $26 worth of charges sitting there on the 8th.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I know Smiley Happy. They keep trying to sell me on it when I make payment in branch lol. I dont want to switch banks, or even just have a secondary savings elsewhere. Good deal though for deposit customers there.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

All four of mine always show up in our checking account around the 5th of the month, and our statements cut on the 5th, 10th, 12th and 25th of the month.  So it doesn't seem to synch with statement date.  YMMV.

Chris.

Message 4 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Normally the first Tuesday after the quarter ends, so the 5th would be the next date.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 5 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@core wrote:

You know you're giving up $20 a year by not having the linked account, right?  Just making sure.   Anyway my savings account credit for Q3 showed up on 10/05 which doesn't correspond to any of my statement dates so I'd expect it on your next statement.  I don't have any other data since mine's linked to the savings account, but I can't imagine they'd post a statement credit mid-cycle?  I guess maybe.

Just make sure you have more than $26 worth of charges sitting there on the 8th.

Common misconception with this card. You do not have to charge at least $26 a month on it to ge the reward. The fine print says more than the minimum payment ($25) or the statement balance. I use mine exclusively for netflix ($7.99 a month), and that meets the requirement. 

However, there have been noted cases where people with less than $5 balances are getting those balances waived, because it's cheaper for BoA to eat that cost than it is to give out the reward. 

Message 6 of 8
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the BBR approval!

Message 7 of 8
core
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Common misconception with this card. You do not have to charge at least $26 a month on it to ge the reward. The fine print says more than the minimum payment ($25) or the statement balance. I use mine exclusively for netflix ($7.99 a month), and that meets the requirement. 

However, there have been noted cases where people with less than $5 balances are getting those balances waived, because it's cheaper for BoA to eat that cost than it is to give out the reward. 

There was no "common misconception" in this case.  You are quite correct that he/she doesn't need $26, but what I said has nothing to do with the terms.  The point is the free $25 (in his/her case) is going to post to his/her statement on the 5th.  (26-25.00=1.00) His/her statement cuts on the 8th.  If he has $26 balance then he will be left with $1 after the credit, which is exactly what he/she wants.  If less*, then he will be screwed.  I think the timing was the whole point of his post.

P.S. I'm getting tired of typing he/she his/her him/her.  So I stopped midstream up there.

*I have assumed $1 is the min.  I suspect it's more like $0.01 but I don't have the guts and haven't met anyone else who wants to try less

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.