Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to leave the garden, want a strategy

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: To app spree or not?

@Gmood1 wrote:

If you really want to open the door on 5 digit limits. Go to NASA FCU and app for the rewards card. You can also join while you're at it. Chances are it will be a soft pull. You'll get a tradeline without adding to your inqs.Smiley Wink

NASA takes awhile.

Signature needs updating
Message 31 of 57
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can you recon a chase card into another card? IE: App for CSP, decline, get Freedom?

All 3 scores 700-720.  6 INQ last 2 years.  1 from exp bank, 4 related to my house purchase, 1 from purchasing a car.  1 inq this year.

(Broke down)

EX: 6 inq last 2 years. 4 were from house purchase.  1 inq for DCU card last december.

EQ: 1 inq last year

TU: 0 Inq last year

Cap 1 qs: 9500

Overstock: 7500

DCU CC: 5000

BOA: 3000

USAA: 2000

Credit 1: 1800

300K house, 100K in cars installment loans.  Good mix.

AAOA 39 months

Oldest 11 years.

So if i apply for the CSP,and they pull, and it declines, do i just immediately app for freedom and just know/hope its the same HP?  Should I call for this, or just do it online?

Thanks again for the help!

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 32 of 57
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Can you recon a chase card into another card? IE: App for CSP, decline, get Freedom?

Actually, OP is running two threads? Dude, this is confusing.
Signature needs updating
Message 33 of 57
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

If you really want to open the door on 5 digit limits. Go to NASA FCU and app for the rewards card. You can also join while you're at it. Chances are it will be a soft pull. You'll get a tradeline without adding to your inqs.Smiley Wink

NASA takes awhile.

Not for everyone. Some are instantly approved membership. I wasn't but have a coworker that was. As stated you do not have to be a member to have their card.

Message 34 of 57
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

ha, i had thought about that, but I do have DCU which I love.

I am thinking possibly about trying for CSP at this point, and just doing a CLI request on my USAA. They really owe me some love! I'm stuck at 2000 on that card because I refuse to do an HP for a CLI until the last possible second.

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 35 of 57
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Well I really didn't mean to get into two separate threads. I apologize.  Should I close one?

Message 36 of 57
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@mccallb wrote:

All 3 scores 700-720.  6 INQ last 2 years.  1 from exp bank, 4 related to my house purchase, 1 from purchasing a car.  1 inq this year.

Cap 1 qs: 9500

Overstock: 7500

DCU CC: 5000

BOA: 3000

USAA: 2000

Credit 1: 1800

300K house, 100K in cars installment loans.  Good mix.

AAOA 39 months

Oldest 11 years.

So if i apply for the CSP,and they pull, and it declines, do i just immediately app for freedom and just know/hope its the same HP?  Should I call for this, or just do it online?

Thanks again for the help!

We need to combine threads.  In the meantime, apply for CSP first, then Freedom.  One will probably be insta approved, the other go pending.  If it ends, wait it out,, do not call recon.  Stronger chance of success if wait.  However, they may want verification for a double app.  If the second app asks you to call, then see if the number is for verification.  DO NOT ASK IF approved.  Just answer verification questions.

Signature needs updating
Message 37 of 57
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@mccallb wrote:

ha, i had thought about that, but I do have DCU which I love.

I am thinking possibly about trying for CSP at this point, and just doing a CLI request on my USAA. They really owe me some love! I'm stuck at 2000 on that card because I refuse to do an HP for a CLI until the last possible second.

LOL...I'm waiting on my 6 months with USAA as well. WHich is either today or tomorrow. You can join as many credit unions as you like. Don't be held to just one

I'm a member of 5 CU's and three other financial institutions USAA/AllyBank/Fidelity. I've been online researching my next financial institution to join the last couple of days.

Never put your eggs in one basket..have choices..

Message 38 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can't change the product the app was for, but YOU CAN app for the Freedom and CSP on the same day and the HPs will combine. Then, whatever you get you get, and you may even end up with both.

As pointed out by some community leaders, this is a YMMV situation.  We do not know the profile.  Also, if PC Freedom to CSP, lose bonus.

I can only talk about my personal experience. In my personal experience, every time I have apped for multiple Chase cards on the same day they have combined. In my personal experience, any time that I have asked for a CLI the same day as the app, the HPs have combined. In my personal experience, Chase app HPs will combine on the same day.

Message 39 of 57
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can't change the product the app was for, but YOU CAN app for the Freedom and CSP on the same day and the HPs will combine. Then, whatever you get you get, and you may even end up with both.

As pointed out by some community leaders, this is a YMMV situation.  We do not know the profile.  Also, if PC Freedom to CSP, lose bonus.

I can only talk about my personal experience. In my personal experience, every time I have apped for multiple Chase cards on the same day they have combined. In my personal experience, any time that I have asked for a CLI the same day as the app, the HPs have combined. In my personal experience, Chase app HPs will combine on the same day.

Depends n where you live.  All HP cli requests (citi, chase) go on TU, while the double pulls go on ex EQ.  So they do not combine (they want to pull a cap one triple pull Smiley Tongue).

Signature needs updating
Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.