Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Amex Upgrade

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Accepted Amex Upgrade

Just what I need, another annual fee card lol. but, I used to have an amex platinum circa 2003-2004 and loved it. So when they asked me if I wanted to upgrade just now, I took it! 

dfd.jpg

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accepted Amex Upgrade

@ddemari wrote:

Just what I need, another annual fee card lol. but, I used to have an amex platinum circa 2003-2004 and loved it. So when they asked me if I wanted to upgrade just now, I took it! 

dfd.jpg

Congrats!!! Upgrade from which card?

Message 2 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

I could only get back in with amex by opening a green charge card last year. 

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

ummm...i hope in 03 or 04 you got a bonus on it because you just missed out on 100k MR points.....

Message 4 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

I did get the bonus Smiley Sad 

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

ok well thats great in a way lol my heart was racing I was ilke omg no no no! Well enjoy the lounges, be sure to use the global entry and get several $50 airline gift cards....

Message 6 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

ok well thats great in a way lol my heart was racing I was ilke omg no no no! Well enjoy the lounges, be sure to use the global entry and get several $50 airline gift cards....

hahaha i get u! I wouldnt have shared if this was a sucker mistake LOL. thanks again! 

Message 7 of 34
jsucool76
Super Contributor

They sometimes offer up to 40k points to upgrade from another card. I would've asked about that Smiley Tongue 

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

They sometimes offer up to 40k points to upgrade from another card. I would've asked about that Smiley Tongue 

This, pretty much. I think they offered me 25K recently to go back to a Platinum card to which I declined stating If they brought it up to 50K i'd consider it.

Message 9 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

do you think I should chat them up and see if they have an offer for me? 

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.