cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Chase acct with foreign ISP

Frequent Contributor

Accessing Chase acct with foreign ISP

Has anybody been able to access their Chase acct from a foreign ISP?  I'm stationed in Germany and can check my acct when I'm on base but not at home.  Chase says that it is a problem with my IE so I took my laptop to the base library and it worked fine.  Suggestions???

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Accessing Chase acct with foreign ISP

I'm in Japan, and I wish I could help, but I still haven't actually received my chase yet.
 
I have trouble accessing a few things here, but never any bank acct info yet. For instance, I can't do annualcreditreport.com bc it tells me its only available to those in the US.
 
I wish the people who design these things would grasp the fact that, hey! you can be an American and not live in America. Witness: the military, expats, tourists, world class competitive athletes, etc.....
FAKO TU: 730 (Too poor to check the real scores these days!)
Message 2 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Accessing Chase acct with foreign ISP



pjxf99 wrote:
I'm in Japan, and I wish I could help, but I still haven't actually received my chase yet.
 
I have trouble accessing a few things here, but never any bank acct info yet. For instance, I can't do annualcreditreport.com bc it tells me its only available to those in the US.
 
I wish the people who design these things would grasp the fact that, hey! you can be an American and not live in America. Witness: the military, expats, tourists, world class competitive athletes, etc.....


Chase is the only US creditor that I am having a problem with, all of the other majors are fine with my ISP. 
 
For annualcreditreport.com, you can access the website if you have access to computers that are on military bases.  You will need to have an APO address.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Accessing Chase acct with foreign ISP

Ahhhh, my life would be so much easier if I had an APO address. I could eat at the base taco bell, shop at the store, mail things cheaper.....
 
of course, I'd have to have the guts to join the military, which, notsomuch. So thank YOU for doing it!!!!
 
I'm moving back to the US next month anyway....but I plan to live overseas again in a few years, so, still annoying.
 
 
FAKO TU: 730 (Too poor to check the real scores these days!)
Message 4 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Accessing Chase acct with foreign ISP

I don't blame you for not joining!  I have been in for 19 years and things are way different now than in 1989!  I don't know what type of job you have but USAjobs.com has all types of government jobs for the US and overseas...might be an option next time you move overseas.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
New Contributor

Re: Accessing Chase acct with foreign ISP

Chase could have your ISP or the ISP's domain name or the IP Addresses of the ISP blocked due to possible security issues/breaches they could've or could not have.  Europe does have a slight problem with hackers along with Asia, but not saying that us in the U.S. are without hackers.
Message 6 of 9
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Accessing Chase acct with foreign ISP

Chase IS blocking your access based on your IP address-
 
There are ways around this-
BUT doing the right thing and getting Chase to fix it will take more time and effort than it's worth -
 
What data do you want?
Balances? Transactions? Statements? How often ?
 
 

rubaty wrote:
Has anybody been able to access their Chase acct from a foreign ISP?  I'm stationed in Germany and can check my acct when I'm on base but not at home.  Chase says that it is a problem with my IE so I took my laptop to the base library and it worked fine.  Suggestions???



Message 7 of 9
Valued Member

Re: Accessing Chase acct with foreign ISP

This should be helpful to those who cannot access US sites from outside the country.

http://lifehacker.com/394410/access-us+only-web-content-with-hotspot-shield
Message 8 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Accessing Chase acct with foreign ISP

I can't even access www.chase.com from home.  If I forget to make a payment during the work week, I want to make it at home.  I check all of my accts every weekend to makes sure nothing strange is going on.  I sent them an e-mail and they said it was my browser and said I should use Firefox as my browser.

Timothy wrote:
Chase IS blocking your access based on your IP address-
 
There are ways around this-
BUT doing the right thing and getting Chase to fix it will take more time and effort than it's worth -
 
What data do you want?
Balances? Transactions? Statements? How often ?
 
 

rubaty wrote:
Has anybody been able to access their Chase acct from a foreign ISP?  I'm stationed in Germany and can check my acct when I'm on base but not at home.  Chase says that it is a problem with my IE so I took my laptop to the base library and it worked fine.  Suggestions???







Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9