Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally carried a small balance :-(

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Accidentally carried a small balance :-(

Not a big deal, but irritating: I just noticed that last month when intending to pay the full balance on all my cards as usual, by mistake I paid a little less than the full balance of one card, thus incurring a finance charge of 61 cents.  Ooops!

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accidentally carried a small balance :-(

@MattH wrote:

Not a big deal, but irritating: I just noticed that last month when intending to pay the full balance on all my cards as usual, by mistake I paid a little less than the full balance of one card, thus incurring a finance charge of 61 cents.  Ooops!

61 CENTS!!!   Consider yourself lucky. I see a lot of things that say many CC's have either a $1.00 OR $2.00 MINIMUM FINANCE CHARGE. 
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattH wrote:

As penance, you must forego your coffee today.  And as you yearn for your caffeine fix, remember you misdeed.

Smiley Wink  Just joking of course.  MattH, thank you for your part in bailing out the banking system.  Your 61 cents will help feed a starving CEO somewhere in upper Manahattan, who would otherwise not get his annual bonus, without the generous contributions of people like you.

LOL.  You may also keep a look out for loose change through out the day and recover your losses.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Matt, if you need help with the $0.61, let us know. We'll help you out! You'd better rework your budget now too. Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe MattH could reorganize as a federal bank holding company and request federal assistance and bail out!   Surely Matt is too big too fail.

LOL.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

I am suprised they only chagred $.61. Most CCC's have a minimum FC fee.  Be carefull if you take a bailout since the government might decide to cap your pay.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

And let us not forget the "stress tests...."

I have accounts with a minimum 50 cent charge and some with $1.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.