cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

According to this report, where you use your card can hurt! Check this out.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: According to this report, where you use your card can hurt! Check this out.

Interesting, but crap.

It does not make sense. How can a lender or even whoever control your score!!.. that means each credit bureaus receive your detail monthly statements with the closing report for each credit card you have then do the math for every purchase you made, unbelievable.
Message 11 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting, but crap.

It does not make sense. How can a lender or even whoever control your score!!.. that means each credit bureaus receive your detail monthly statements with the closing report for each credit card you have then do the math for every purchase you made, unbelievable.

Agree with you and cheddar! Shoddy journalism. It doesn't affect your scores at all; only that mysterious fecal chart that AmEx keeps on all of us.

Chase gives me 2 points for fast-food (and sit-down) restaurants, so marty's $5 Mickey D's breakfast works just fine with them! I've gained lots of points, and about 10 pounds, since getting that one. Smiley Sad Time to go back to my coffee and toast at home.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been rewatching this video and reading other articles in sync with it and I do have one question...
How is purchasing tires for your vehicle considered risky use of your credit card?  What the heck IS acceptable, if that's not?
Message 13 of 28
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting, but crap.

Agree with you and cheddar! Shoddy journalism. It doesn't affect your scores at all; only that mysterious fecal chart that AmEx keeps on all of us.

Chase gives me 2 points for fast-food (and sit-down) restaurants, so marty's $5 Mickey D's breakfast works just fine with them! I've gained lots of points, and about 10 pounds, since getting that one. Smiley Sad Time to go back to my coffee and toast at home.

Ew, fecal chart. Haha.
Here we go again...
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO...if this is the case, then I wonder what Cap One thinks of me. My actual first purchase with their card was a $40 bottle of Scotch!! Smiley Surprised
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

gettintherequick wrote:
LMAO...if this is the case, then I wonder what Cap One thinks of me. My actual first purchase with their card was a $40 bottle of Scotch!! Smiley Surprised

It's not what you buy, but where you buy it that matters.

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

gettintherequick wrote:

It's not what you buy, but where you buy it that matters.

I understand that. On the charge was listed the name of the local liquor store that I puchased it from. The name of the store is " Nassau Liquors". Not much to be left to the imagination on that name.

Oh well, they will just have to get over it. I'm not bothered and if they are, tough. I just thought after that article, what a way to start a relationship. LOL
Message 17 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting, but crap.

Ew, fecal chart. Haha.
Can't use the more common version of the term. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 28
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

What a joke. The tagline says "Where you swipe your card can affect your credit score." Then they casually (and oddly without much concern) mention that it actually doesn't affect your score at all.
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

KingAdrock wrote:
What a joke. The tagline says "Where you swipe your card can affect your credit score." Then they casually (and oddly without much concern) mention that it actually doesn't affect your score at all.

Yep, as I said:  Journalism at its finest.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.