Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Closed By Synchrony Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account Closed By Synchrony Bank

I have a GAP card with them but that's about it

What do you mean by having a lot of exposure with them?

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a GAP card with them but that's about it

What do you mean by having a lot of exposure with them?

It means what is your total credit limits combined to all your Synchrony Bank credit cards.

Message 12 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Some factors that seem to come up alot in the recent string of Synchrony account freezings seem to be people with alot of overall credit, it is said max exposure is something like 100,000 in credit, or getting a couple of new account in a relatively short period of time. I guess we will never truely know why they are doing this but we keep on tryingSmiley Happy.

Other factors are coming into play but im not sure what they may be. If no one can answer your questions on the account perhaps the letter you receive can shed some light. There have been those who have reported an issue like yours dreading the 4506 t request only to find out it was a social security verification letter. Please keep us updated if you can and best of luck.
Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the board and very sorry this happened to you, OP. I'm trying to understand how a card that was approved just 8 days ago would even be a card you had in your possession yet.

How long have you actually had the card? Synchrony (or any bank) usually does not mail things that quickly where you would have received it just a day or two after approval.

Message 14 of 31
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to the board and very sorry this happened to you, OP. I'm trying to understand how a card that was approved just 8 days ago would even be a card you had in your possession yet.

How long have you actually had the card? Synchrony (or any bank) usually does not mail things that quickly where you would have received it just a day or two after approval.

I belive with Amazon Prime if you are approved the card number automatically loads to your amazon account.  

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

This most likely is a situation where Synchrony needs verification for the OP or found some other reason to close the accounts down. The OP was probably told incorrect information regarding the closure reason by a customer service rep.

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it's a known fact that Synchrony Bank will close an account for insufficient funds related to failed payments. Especially if the account is under 6 months old. They don't play around. 1- 2 times is all you get.

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

At what point are people going to boycott these idiots?!?!
What an absurd and down right shady way to do business!
Message 18 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, it's a known fact that Synchrony Bank will close an account for insufficient funds related to failed payments. Especially if the account is under 6 months old. They don't play around. 1- 2 times is all you get.

+1  Excellent catch... I didn't even think about this.  Smiley Wink

When the OP states that his 'payment was declined' if me means his ACH debit failed at his bank this could very likely be the problem. 

There are plenty of data points scattered over the forums where this has happened, and Synchrony can be rather tough... especially with new accounts.

Message 19 of 31
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Op the same incident happen to my sister she called credit solution and they reinstated her credit line. Good luck
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.