03/1999 
Date Closed: 
07/2002 
Loan Type: Credit Card
Remark: 
Account acquired by RTC/FDIC/NCUA

Anyone ever see that before?

Anyone know what it means?

I don't recognize the card.  No activity since 2002.  It shows a perfect payment history.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
chasmith
Valued Contributor

Re: Account acquired by RTC/FDIC/NCUA

Did the bank fail?  FDIC insures banks and NCUA insures Credit Unions.  RTC I'm betting stanbds for "Resolution Trust Corp." which took over "bad assets" during the S&L meltdown 20 years ago.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Lol - I have no clue what this card even is!!  I am going through my records now to see if it showed up on a previous credit report.

Nothing was owed, obviously not using the card now.

Message 3 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Looks like it's First National Bank of Omaha, which I thought was supposed to be one of those lah-de-dah banks. I don't think they've gone under, but maybe they took over someone who did, and now it's showing under their name.

Per Wiki, they're also these banks:

First National Bank Southwest
First National Bank Iowa
FNBO Direct

First National Merchant Solutions
First National Credit Card Center

Their credit card processing arm also takes care of other cards, including those from the NRA and Worlds of Warcraft, of all things. Oh, and SunTrust is in there, although they started in 2006. Could have been back-dated, I suppose.

Don't know if that helps any.

* snickers at "Didge" street *

eta: OP, my snickering is at the credit bureau or whomever misspelled Dodge Street. I know it was a copy/ paste. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Looks like it's First National Bank of Omaha, which I thought was supposed to be one of those lah-de-dah banks. I don't think they've gone under, but maybe they took over someone who did, and now it's showing under their name.

Per Wiki, they're also these banks:

First National Bank Southwest
First National Bank Iowa
FNBO Direct

First National Merchant Solutions
First National Credit Card Center

Their credit card processing arm also takes care of other cards, including those from the NRA and Worlds of Warcraft, of all things. Oh, and SunTrust is in there, although they started in 2006. Could have been back-dated, I suppose.

Don't know if that helps any.

* snickers at "Didge" street *

holy shizzle! I didnt know World of Warcraft had its own credit card Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 10
andre181
Established Contributor

I am from Omaha, and that is definitely First National Bank of Omaha! I read that address and even though its DODGE ST. I instantly knew it was FNBO. They are the largest privately owned banking institution in the US. They definatly didn't go out of business! If fact, just today they announced they are soon going to be offering Discover Cards!

As haulingthescoreup mentioned they have many different brands, another that I know of is Platte Valley Bank and Trust. Most of their brands besides FNBO and FNBO Direct are local, rural banks throughout the midwest.

You might wanna give them a call, https://www.firstnational.com/welcome/jsp/contact/contactusinfo.jsp and ask them what is going on.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 6 of 10
GregB
Valued Contributor

I don't think any of this matters because the OP closed the account 8 years ago.

Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

True, but I'd be curious about a mystery account on my reports...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I love Omaha.  Smiley Happy

And I was curious about the tag line on there...it does seem that a bank failed and the gov't stepped in, took over.  Still no clue who it is though...oh well.

And WOW - it is 8 yrs old closed...and the CRB has not realized it yet...  weu weu!!  I kinda hope it stays.  My AAoA is about 7 yrs right now...oldest card 1983.   Lol = I need the help!

Message 9 of 10
techniquerie

This same address is listed under my Next Bank Card account from a transunion credit report I pulled last august 2010.

Are you sure you didnt have a credit card that my this bank bought..i just recently discovered a "new credit card" charge off on one of my reports and I suspect it may be this, "Next" card thank goodness I had a zero balance as I had closed this account but now somehow I am being socked with almost $400 balance and shows charge off, I will be tackling this soon..

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.