Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account no longer offered?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account no longer offered?

Never had the experience before but when Citi or one of the bigshots has an account that they discontinue like Citiflex. Are you safe from closure?

Will they close it on you when you pay it off?

Can you still get limit increases?

Just want to know how to proceed.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Account no longer offered?

I think they just transfer it over to a regular citi account or the newest product replacing it.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regular Citi account?
It's a line of credit, is there an unsecured LOC that Citi has that is still offered?
Didn't think there was.

Have a feeling that unsecured is going the way of the dinosaur.
Message 3 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I think Citi Over Draft protection associated to checking account is almost like line of credit. You can write a check and draw the funds from it. The only catch is you have to have a checking account with Citi. It is not that hard to open one on the internet.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is weird.  DF has a Citi Flex LOC.  She got something in the mail today telling her to use it for a well-deserved vacation.

From the looks of this mailer, it looks like at least some current accountholders will be unaffected, at least for the time being.

Message Edited by cheddar on 08-06-2008 03:56 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it still offered but I guess too many people abused the application so now it's private.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.