Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account now eligible for VentureOne Rewards

tag
cjd
Valued Member

Account now eligible for VentureOne Rewards

This was unexpected. I received an email today from Cap 1 that my account was approved for an upgrade as long as I call in before the end of Nov. I'm in the garden so any sort of account actions are not even on my mind.

Starting Score: April 2012 EQ 624
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ 751
Goal Score: New Goal: 775!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge No Apps for the foreseeable future.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Account now eligible for VentureOne Rewards

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What do you have now?

This is just a product change and if cash would be better for you, you can ask for Quicksilver instead of Venture... if they offer Venture, quicksilver is an option!!

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@cjd wrote:

This was unexpected. I received an email today from Cap 1 that my account was approved for an upgrade as long as I call in before the end of Nov. I'm in the garden so any sort of account actions are not even on my mind.

All it is is an upgrade from your existing Capital One CC.  Essentially, you've been already SP'd for this, so you will not incur any HP since you don't need to reapply.  Also, the VentureOne gets 1.25 miles for every $1 spent (plus is no AF and no FTFs).  Also, your account history remains the same, same account #, no new TL.  This would allow you the opportunity in taking it for a test drive, and if you don't like the VentureOne you can always decide to PC it after 6 months to the QS.  Or, you can decide to wait until a better offer comes along.  Either way, it costs you nothing really.

Message 4 of 5
cjd
Valued Member

I have a platinum mc. It was originally part of credit steps. I will ask about the QS because it might offer more flexibility but miles might be nice for the future... If I try it for 6 months and then change it, what happens to the accumulated miles?

Starting Score: April 2012 EQ 624
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ 751
Goal Score: New Goal: 775!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge No Apps for the foreseeable future.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.