Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account transferred to a Tribute card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account transferred to a Tribute card.

I have had an Imagine card for the past 3 or so years...has around a $430 balance on it.   I log in today and I was informed my account was transferred to a Tribute Card.  They said they had informed me (they hadn't ) and had also sent me a Tribute card that I had to activate (which I hadn't recieved).  They have my phone, email and address (all were always up to date).  

Anyway, why I am posting....  The new Tribute card charges  $4.95 to make an online payment!  They also considered the  transfer of balances from the Imagine to Tribute as a purchase.  Am I going to be charged interest on a $430 balance transfer?  Now, the Imagine Card already charged me a $15 "monthly service fee" (sucks I know, but I don't have great credit and I had to take what was available).  My is is now is for anyone with a Tribute Card....do they also have the $15 "monthly service fee" like the Imagine Card had?  Or do they just have the $4.95 a month to make a payment online.  Also...am I going to be charged interest on the balance transfer "purchase" they did??

I tell you, I am so $*&#(!!! practices like this.  Thanks 

Added Edit - - -   I just checked and it says they charge a $9.95 monthly fee and a $150 annual fee.  The Imagine Card's annual fee was $29.....am I now going to be charged a $150 annual fee?  If so , will it be on the first statement?  I'm gonna cry.  I KNEW I should have just got rid of tat stupid Imagine card!!!!!!!!! 

Message Edited by Jubeyy on 08-22-2009 05:20 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account transferred to a Tribute card.

I just called Tribute and it was explained ( I think it was anyway )  that my annual fee will remain the same and interest rate will remain the same...the only difference is that I will now be charged $4.95 to make a payment online.  Ridiculous company and I can't believe this type of thing isn't illegal.  I should have got a choice If I wanted to pay the card off before they took it upon themselves to transfer it.  Now I will have a "transfer of balance" on my report ... Amex and BoA will love to see that I'm sure.  : (

Message 2 of 7
wmarat
Valued Contributor

As far as I know, BT does not appear on CR.

Why would not you get rid of this junk?

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 3 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

As far as I know, BT does not appear on CR.

Why would not you get rid of this junk?

He can't.

I think the concerm here is the disposition of the old account. It should show closed by grantor and a zero balance. This is not a bad thing. Other than that nothing has changed,

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

He can't.

"She" can't right now, but as soon as get the cash this junk card is history, I don't care if my score drops or not.  Just being free of the headache of having such a piece of crap attached to my name would be worth it!  Thanks for the info.

Message 5 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

He can't.

"She" can't right now, but as soon as get the cash this junk card is history, I don't care if my score drops or not.  Just being free of the headache of having such a piece of crap attached to my name would be worth it!  Thanks for the info.

I beg your pardon.  Smiley Sad

You'll lose this card and never miss it for a moment. Better things are coming!

Message 6 of 7
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

He can't.

Kudos

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.