Frequent Contributor
Jubeyy

Account transferred to a Tribute card.

[ Edited ]

I have had an Imagine card for the past 3 or so years...has around a $430 balance on it.   I log in today and I was informed my account was transferred to a Tribute Card.  They said they had informed me (they hadn't ) and had also sent me a Tribute card that I had to activate (which I hadn't recieved).  They have my phone, email and address (all were always up to date).  

Anyway, why I am posting....  The new Tribute card charges  $4.95 to make an online payment!  They also considered the  transfer of balances from the Imagine to Tribute as a purchase.  Am I going to be charged interest on a $430 balance transfer?  Now, the Imagine Card already charged me a $15 "monthly service fee" (sucks I know, but I don't have great credit and I had to take what was available).  My is is now is for anyone with a Tribute Card....do they also have the $15 "monthly service fee" like the Imagine Card had?  Or do they just have the $4.95 a month to make a payment online.  Also...am I going to be charged interest on the balance transfer "purchase" they did??

I tell you, I am so $*&#(!!! practices like this.  Thanks 

Added Edit - - -   I just checked and it says they charge a $9.95 monthly fee and a $150 annual fee.  The Imagine Card's annual fee was $29.....am I now going to be charged a $150 annual fee?  If so , will it be on the first statement?  I'm gonna cry.  I KNEW I should have just got rid of tat stupid Imagine card!!!!!!!!! 

Message Edited by Jubeyy on 08-22-2009 05:20 PM
Frequent Contributor
Jubeyy

Re: Account transferred to a Tribute card.

I just called Tribute and it was explained ( I think it was anyway )  that my annual fee will remain the same and interest rate will remain the same...the only difference is that I will now be charged $4.95 to make a payment online.  Ridiculous company and I can't believe this type of thing isn't illegal.  I should have got a choice If I wanted to pay the card off before they took it upon themselves to transfer it.  Now I will have a "transfer of balance" on my report ... Amex and BoA will love to see that I'm sure.  : (

Valued Contributor
wmarat

As far as I know, BT does not appear on CR.

Why would not you get rid of this junk?

IN VINO VERITAS.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

wmarat wrote:

As far as I know, BT does not appear on CR.

Why would not you get rid of this junk?

He can't.

I think the concerm here is the disposition of the old account. It should show closed by grantor and a zero balance. This is not a bad thing. Other than that nothing has changed,

Frequent Contributor
Jubeyy

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

He can't.

"She" can't right now, but as soon as get the cash this junk card is history, I don't care if my score drops or not.  Just being free of the headache of having such a piece of crap attached to my name would be worth it!  Thanks for the info.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Jubeyy wrote:

He can't.

"She" can't right now, but as soon as get the cash this junk card is history, I don't care if my score drops or not.  Just being free of the headache of having such a piece of crap attached to my name would be worth it!  Thanks for the info.

I beg your pardon.  :smileysad:

You'll lose this card and never miss it for a moment. Better things are coming!

Valued Contributor
wmarat

Jubeyy wrote:

He can't.

Kudos

IN VINO VERITAS.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}