Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accumulating UR while keeping a balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accumulating UR while keeping a balance

Hello,

Instead of trying to maximize my Fico score increases, I'm deciding to take advantage of my 0 apr and let a balance show. The balance is due this month but instead of paying it off, I want to pay the minimum and let the balance roll to the next statement. If I do so, will my UR accumulation for that card continue to increase as I keep spending? Or does it stop for some reason.
I think I'm passed the credit score awareness and want cash flow just for my convenience.
2 REPLIES 2
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: Accumulating UR while keeping a balance

As long as your account is in good standing ( no late or missed payment) you will accumulate UR.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accumulating UR while keeping a balance

Uh during a 0 apr period I thought that's what most of us do. To hit above your weight/budget w/o consequence, or for cash flow… which is the business way of saying the first thing Smiley Happy

Saving money should always be more important than your credit score. Carrying a balance on 0 APR helps your timing then so be it. You use chase cards, you earn ur no matter if the bill is paid or not. Even if you were late on a payment you don't lose your points for the most part they just gobbled up 35 bucks in a late fee
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.