cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accuried I guess what ya'll say are subprime cards. How soon to cancel them?

tag
Carloscda40
Regular Contributor

Accuried I guess what ya'll say are subprime cards. How soon to cancel them?

On my rod to rebuilding like others have posted accuried them when no one else would give me a chance.

How soon to cancel them once my score gets in the "Good" range? Scores right now are in the 565 range.

Cards are 3mo old..

**DiscoverIT Secured $200**

OpenSky Secured $200

CreditOne was $300 now $450

Merrick $500

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DUISlayer
Regular Contributor

Re: Accuried I guess what ya'll say are subprime cards. How soon to cancel them?

More than likely you won't want to cancel, but what cards do you have? Probably need a little more info to provide decent advice.

$1,500        $4,500        $1,000        $1,000       $13,500       $3,100        $1,000        $1,000        $15,000
     5/06           7/07            5/11            8/17            8/17           9/17           10/17         10/17          10/17

FICO 8 as of 11/4/17: EQ 674, TU 679, EX 665 | Gardening commenced Friday the 13th (10/13/17) | Next app: Oct '18 - 2nd AMEX

Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Accuried I guess what ya'll say are subprime cards. How soon to cancel them?

Yes, please list your cards and limits and when you got them.Youll get better advice that waySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 13
Poppa
Established Contributor

I thought OP was saying those are the cards he has.

OpenSky Secured $200

DiscoverIT Secured $200

CreditOne was $300 now $450

Merrick $500

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 4 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

It's a process like everything else.

I would say that as long as you have some relatively established history on rebuilder cards, just ween yourself from them in stages.

Early on i had Fingerhut and of all things actually Victoria's Secret store card and worked them to get increases while time moved on. Funny thing is when your FICO Scores are low and your camp is short with rebuilder cards there often times comes THAT SINGLE ONE approval for you that is just enough to begin breaking away and putting the rebuilders in the Closed By Consumer column of your credit reports.

Prime Lenders also eventually see that as a sign of a cardholder who is determined they are escaping from those levels of credit and seeking another level of responsibility. Smiley Happy

Best of luck going forward. It does take time, a lot of it, but just stick it out and improvements will show up to expectations. Many of us travel that same road.

Message 5 of 13
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

The DiscoverIT isn't subprime - I've got the same card with the same limit. Treat it well, increase your scores, and eventually it'll unsecure and be a regular card. It's no annual fee, double the cash back in the first year, and a GREAT card to have at the start of your rebuild. Keep that card! Have tried for a capital one secured card?

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thing is Poppa, those cards werent showing.

I would focus more on using your Discover card as that has the best potential to take you to next level. Keep the other three at zero balsnce and maybe let the Disco teport a small balance. Once Discover graduates, you might consider dumping credit one . Merrick i understand is a decent rebuild card . After a couple months, come back and update where your scores are. Keep checking out the prequals for Capitol One, if you eventually can get something from them, probably can get rid of the Open Sky. Slow and steady, your score will rise and with it better cardsSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good point Adkins, Discover definetly isnt subprime. Its a great start to better credit. Some people with good credit dont get approved for the secured , go figureSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 13
Poppa
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thing is Poppa, those cards werent showing.

Oh my bad lol. I was wondering what was the matter with everyone. It's like when you don't know what everyone is laughing at and it turns out to be you. I agree totally about the Discover card. That one is a keeper that'll graduate and be very useful. It gives cashback and free monthly Fico 8 TransUnion scores.

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 9 of 13
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@AJC - Discover, such a fickle, fickle, beastie!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.