Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Card and Due Date Question ?

tag
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Activating Card and Due Date Question ?

Hi everyone

I recieved my Cap One Card today ( Smiley Wink ) and need to activate it. If I activate it on a certain date (Say Today for instance)

will Nov 5th be my Due Date ?

Thanks everyone and have a great weekend !

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Activating Card and Due Date Question ?

@Bluerain wrote:
If I activate it on a certain date (Say Today for instance) will Nov 5th be my Due Date ?

Not necessarily.  Most Cap One account statement closing dates (from what I've read on here) are nearer to just after the middle of the month, and then, the payment due date is not until just after the middle of the following month.  For instance, our statement closing date is the 22nd and the payment due date falls on the 19th of the next month. 

We found out this information by using the pop-up chat feature online when you log into the account and simply asked the representative our particular statement closing date and payment due date.   Of course, YMMV.  Just ask a representative and they'll tell you your specific statement closing date and payment due date. 

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 6
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Bluerain wrote:

Hi everyone

I recieved my Cap One Card today ( Smiley Wink ) and need to activate it. If I activate it on a certain date (Say Today for instance)

will Nov 5th be my Due Date ?

Thanks everyone and have a great weekend !

Not sure how / if activation and due are linked, but it does not matter, because you can change your due date in the site. (Accounts > Modify your features > Your service).

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 3 of 6
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Thanks  Guys ..appreciate the help !

Enjoy your weekend !!!

Message 4 of 6
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Mine cycles the 9th of every month, and is due the 6th of the following month.  It does vary.  Activation of the card has nothing to do with due dates. Their computers cycle the account out when it's approved and put online in their system.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

Mine cycles the 9th of every month, and is due the 6th of the following month.  It does vary.  Activation of the card has nothing to do with due dates. Their computers cycle the account out when it's approved and put online in their system.

Same as my secured card that I closed.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.