Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Account Disappears from Experian - News at 11

tag
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Active Account Disappears from Experian - News at 11

I just checked my Experian report a minute ago for a payment update on a separate account, but on the first Summary screen I saw the number of my accounts reduced by 1.  After checking, one of my active credit card accounts is suddenly missing from the report.  I immediately checked my credit card account online and called Customer Service and confirmed nothing's wrong with the account and all is good and still active -- whewwww!!!.  It's after hours here in the Eastern Time Zone, so no one to contact at Experian.  I'm going to check tomorrow to see if it was some kind of hiccup.  If it's no longer there, I can't have it missing until the next round of payment updates at the end of next month -- I'm going phone postal on Experian.  I wish there was a way to Dispute Experian!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: Active Account Disappears from Experian - News at 11

there is online dispute man...

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 2 of 10
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Oh, that was a joke like... I wish I can dispute the entire company, Experian.  hahaha

Message 3 of 10
Smug
Established Contributor

Lol.....
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 4 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Which account is missing?  Maybe contact the company instead?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 10
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Yes, I mentioned it in my post that I immediately checked my credit card account online and contacted their customer service.  The account is active and fine, but just suddenly disappeared from Experian.  CCC stated more than likely it will re-appear on the next payment update, but that's not until the end of Jan.  Good thing is... I'm not seeking to make any major purchased, etc.

Message 6 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Are you willing to name the company?  Other people may have had/may be having issues as well.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 10
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Oh!  My bad!  It was my Capital One credit card.  It should not have disappeared at all.  I think Experian had a hiccup.  I'm checking now that it's after midnight and again tomorrow morning.

Message 8 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@JayRizzo wrote:

Oh!  My bad!  It was my Capital One credit card.  It should not have disappeared at all.  I think Experian had a hiccup.  I'm checking now that it's after midnight and again tomorrow morning.

Have you done an address change or anything similar with Cap One? You might want to check your name, address, SSN, etc on your profile page (if there is one) on the Cap One site.

If the demographic info doesn't match, the credit bureaus will sometimes stop reporting a tradeline. Of course, this doesn't seem to stop them from reporting TL's that belong to someone else entirely, either. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 10
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Update:  Nothing changed in regards to any of my personal information.  This is a mystery.  Cap1 confirmed they did nothing to remove it as I already have another of their cards displaying.  Meanwhile, Experian is doing the usual finger-pointing stating how "flawless" their database system is and nothing out of the ordinary ever happens to it.  I think it was a bad data restore.  Cap1 said they will double-check when the next batch goes out to the credit bureaus just to make sure it appears.  No request to remove it was initiated by anyone.  I just hate finger-pointing.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.