Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add 1-2-3 Rewards to a BOA Secured Card

tag
supersam101
Contributor

Re: Add 1-2-3 Rewards to a BOA Secured Card

If you change the secured bankamericard to a secured cash rewards card is it possible to get the $100 dollars after you spend $500 dollars?

Discover IT Student $3k. Bankameri better balance $3k.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 21 of 64
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, nope. I made sure I asked that it.
Message 22 of 64
supersam101
Contributor

If you change from a unsecured bank Ameri card to the unsecured cash rewards card is it possible to get the 100 dollars. I am asking because my card will change to a unsecure card in october. I applied for a chase freedom card and got denied for limited credit history (8 months).
Discover IT Student $3k. Bankameri better balance $3k.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 23 of 64
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for all the replies dudes, will wait for a bit for a check to clear, nuke my balance, and then ask to switch it.  Good information which is greatly appreciated... thanks again!

        
Message 24 of 64
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Just to update this with my own experience:

That was as painless as it gets once I got ahold of one of their CSR's.  Switched my 10/2011 opened secured card to the 1-2-3 Cash Rewards (still secured) with no hassle at all.  I used the same number as the one posted in this thread.

Thank you again to the OP and others for posting about this, apparently it's a new addition (I didn't get an explicit date) but according to the analyst many of the banking centers hadn't found out about this yet.  What a most excellent feature on a secured card.

        
Message 25 of 64
jeskedu
Valued Member

Congrats I tried on my partially secured and was told it wasn't possible I'll try again tomorrow and c if I have any better luck
Message 26 of 64
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jeskedu wrote:
Congrats I tried on my partially secured and was told it wasn't possible I'll try again tomorrow and c if I have any better luck

What reason did they give you if any?  Mine like other posters' cards is fully secured.

        
Message 27 of 64
jeskedu
Valued Member

I was told it was not possible till one year graduation date which is in September
Message 28 of 64
YahComb
Established Contributor

I would try again. Maybe some reps aren't up to speed, or they thought you were asking to get changed to an unsecured 1-2-3 card. Try asking if it is possible to add rewards to your secured card. My card turns 1 year august 24th.

Interesting note, i just compared my USAA report today and yesterday(all 6 of my cards close within 7 days, man that makes keeping utilization low a pain, time to change a few due dates). My experian updated my BOA off-cycle(it doesn't close until the 22nd), it is no longer showing Secured Credit Card on Account Type,  now it just says Credit Card. The last time i had an off-cycle update to BOA was when i raised my security deposit, and it remained as Secured Credit Card. I'll see if Equifax also drops the Secured designation in the next few days (wasn't there on TU*)

. This upcoming statement is my 10th, i had heard of partially secured cards graduating at 10 statements if you're lucky, but not for Fully Secured cards. I'll update if i get a letter from BOA in the next few weeks about returning my deposit.

*TU does show the BOA as secured on Tranunions service, but not the USAA  trimerge for whatever reason(nothing in the comments either, which is where it shows Secured on Equifax). So I will have to check on that also to see if it changes.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 29 of 64
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Yahcomb, if that sticks, that is even nicer fringe benefit.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 30 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.