Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add 1-2-3 Rewards to a BOA Secured Card

tag
dude11
Regular Contributor

Re: Add 1-2-3 Rewards to a BOA Secured Card

@supersam101 wrote:

My account says cash reward Platinum Plus visa now does anyone else account say that? I think they updated it last night

Yes. Received an email on July 7th saying that my account number has changed and I also noticed the Rewards tab there. Still haven't received the card yet though. Hopefully this week. So looks like the 2-4 weeks may hold true before you get the card. Been since June 14th that I put in the request.

Message 51 of 64
Jlu
Established Contributor

Has anyone else noticed purchases being counted toward rewards? I was going to fill up my tank tonight and would conisder using this card instead of my Capital One if it is being counted toward rewards. My account too shows Platinum Plus Rewards and I have a rewards tab although it is not fully functional yet. 

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 52 of 64
YahComb
Established Contributor

IT'S HERE ITS HERE ITS HERE ITS HERE!

6/16 to 7/09.  It looks like you will get your card very soon after your online banking card account number changes (happened friday night/saturday morning for me). The card name may change before the actual card account number changes.

and to reiterate

IT'S HERE ITS HERE ITS HERE ITS HERE!

that is all. carry on.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 53 of 64
YahComb
Established Contributor

looking over the product literature, what counts for groceries is pretty wide variety of MCC codes.

5411Food Stores / WarehouseGROCERY STORES & SUPERMARKETS
5422Food Stores / WarehouseFREEZER & LOCKER MEAT PROVISIONERS
5441Food Stores / WarehouseCANDY, NUT, & CONFECTIONERY STORES
5451Food Stores / WarehouseDAIRY PRODUCTS STORES
5462Food Stores / WarehouseBAKERIES
5499Food Stores / WarehouseMISCELLANEOUS FOOD STORES-CONVENIENCE STORES & SPECIALTY MARKETS

my local target uses 5411. Did some grocery shopping there when my rewards were added on the old card and it's 2 percent cashback.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 54 of 64
dude11
Regular Contributor

Mine also arrived today 6/14-7/9. I noticed a few days as well the account number of my card changed on the CRs but the card still reports as secured. However, mine was not graduated only converted. Hopefully it graduates at the 1 year mark.

Message 55 of 64
Jlu
Established Contributor

Boom

Sorry Jlu but pictures of personal credit cards are not allowed to be posted - MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator 

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 56 of 64
dude11
Regular Contributor

So some of us that got our secured card converted to cash rewards, but remained secured, what about the annual fee? I believe if you would wait till the original card graduated and then PC to a non-AF card that would take care of it. What about is this case now that you have a cash rewards card and lets say it graduates at the 1 year mark, do you just request to have the AF removed?

I called BOFA and the CSR told me the annual fee would remain even after graduation. How many of you have had success in getting the AF removed after the 1 year mark? Wondering if I should of waited till my card graduated and then PC to the Cash Rewards with no-AF after that.

Message 57 of 64
aloush11
Regular Contributor

@aloush11 wrote:
I just got my card today and activated it with a rep. I asked about rewards and she said that the secured card can be PC'd to Cash 123, travel rewards or the basic. I didn't like that answer so I called the Backdoor number and spoke with an awesome rep in the credit dept. She gave me the option of converting my card to a MasterCard and even an Amex! So I PC'd to the accelerated rewards. No HP and she said I can do this as many times as I want. It will not effect your graduation time. I don't have an Amex yet and travel a lot so I figure it would be good to have.

She also said that the policy for PCing to a MC it Amex is new and very possible.

Just spoke with a rep to check the status of the Product Change from Secured Platinum Plus to Amex she said the product change was successful but does take 2 - 4 weeks... Online it says that the account name is "Bank Of America Rewards Gold American Express"

Called back again and rep said that the Card was Mailed out on 7/24/12! 

I wont believe it until I see it... But Im sooo excited!!!!

Message 58 of 64
linux007969
Established Contributor

I just called and check the status of adding 1-2-3 rewards to my account and a very nice rep said everything was approved and they are still processing it and it should be in the mail and on its way soon. She even said I deserve it! I thanked her and i said to her that everytime i have called in, everyonce has been so nice and helpful. She loved hearing that! I really love the awesome reps at BOA. So much nicer than CapOne! Can't wait till the new card comes in the mail! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 59 of 64
linux007969
Established Contributor

I got my 1-2-3 Rewards card in the mail today! & I also earned 32 cents cash back so far before i got the card in the mail because i used my card directly after the account name changed in my online account. lol

On a side note today I got an unsolisited pre approved offer from First Premier for a Platinum Mastercard with a $700 CL, $175 AF & $525 initial credit line.... That junk is going in da shredder for sure, I'm not falling for that scam! lol.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 60 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.