cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Citi Prestige to my portfolio before I gardening til '17?

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Add Citi Prestige to my portfolio before I gardening til '17?

I'll be different.

The argument in favor of apping now is, if you get it, it's a win and you've got a card you wanted.

If you don't get it, meh, it's another couple of HP that you are working on aging a ton of them anyhow, so you can garden in peace knowing you gave it a shot, and that you need to wait.

Good luck either way.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say wait. I have the card, but I hardly ever use it. I used it to get the points at first and then I have never used it since. It gets old having to help someone figure out how to swipe it. Plus to me, it feels cheap compared to my other cards. I would rather use something else. I did also use it to get the Global Entry program free but I say hold off unless you can really use it for alot of travel.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would say wait. I have the card, but I hardly ever use it. I used it to get the points at first and then I have never used it since. It gets old having to help someone figure out how to swipe it. Plus to me, it feels cheap compared to my other cards. I would rather use something else. I did also use it to get the Global Entry program free but I say hold off unless you can really use it for alot of travel.

I second the card's legendary poor design. The silver Premier at least looks nicer but the Prestige looks junky AND NO ONE can use it on the first try. 

Maybe 10% of the time the cashier/waiter figures out how to use the card without making me explain how to use it.....

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I second the card's legendary poor design. The silver Premier at least looks nicer but the Prestige looks junky AND NO ONE can use it on the first try. 

Maybe 10% of the time the cashier/waiter figures out how to use the card without making me explain how to use it.....

Whether or not it has a poor design or it looks cheap doesn't change the fact that it's the best travel rewards card out there right now.

i have had zero problems using the card, including the first try.

Message 14 of 19
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

OP only you know if you want/need the card. Try the prequal page and see what pops up. If you feel that it would suit your needs then go for it. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 15 of 19
Kenro
Regular Contributor

I would take a wild guess but 672 EQ score is rather low to be approved for top end credit card.

If you have history of spending big and paying off in full all the time, you stand a chance with recon line...

Just my oppinion.

Message 16 of 19
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the input. I'll hold off.

My current FICO is due to the recent INQs it was originally 699 at the time of the apps and I have no isuses getting higher end cards. I also spend big and payback just as big.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with others!  Here's a hoe.................

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Agree with others!  Here's a hoe.................

Lol.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.