Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add me to the Capital One secured card becoming unsecured club

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add me to the Capital One secured card becoming unsecured club

I got my Cap1 secured card April,16 for $49 - $300 deal and it was auto cli to $500 after 6 months. Late last night I logged in to check on a payment and noticed my account balance was -$50. I kind of freaked out at first and thought that I was over my limit because I had been hacked. So I looked at the transaction log and it stated that my security deposit had been refunded. I checked my email and there was nothing from Cap1 to confirm the card had become unsecured. So I called them this morning and they confirmed that my account was no longer secured. 10 minutes later I got an email stating "You earned an upgrade...."

DP. I used the card a lot and made multiple payments and pif each month.

I'm going to wait a month to see if I can PC it to a QS card, since my scores went under 700 after I was approved for FNBO amex and Citi DC cards.

No cli when my card was unsecured.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Add me to the Capital One secured card becoming unsecured club

That is awesome! I'm hoping that I don't have any problems getting into the Capital One secured --> unsecured club.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. It's seams to be unsecuring after the 11th statement is cut.

@Anonymous wrote:

That is awesome! I'm hoping that I don't have any problems getting into the Capital One secured --> unsecured club.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. It's seams to be unsecuring after the 11th statement is cut.

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you carry balances from month to month or PIF?

Message 4 of 8
Pway
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the data points.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a Capital 1 secured March 2016, $99 for $200 initial CL, 6months raised to $500. 12th statement cut still no upgrade for me

Heavy usage, multiple payments, but I was carrying a balance. Seems key is to PIF.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the unsecuring OP! Hoping Cap 1 keeps it up for their other secured customers. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not entirely true that PIF is key. Mine was given a (modest $351 to $651) CLI at 6 months then unsecured at 11 months and I regularly carried a balance forward (~$50-150). It's only since early Feb that I've been consistently running it up and PIF.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.