Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add store card for credit mix?

tag
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Add store card for credit mix?

IMO, wait until you need it or have a use for it and yes the mix would help in the long run but otherwise just for the sake of the mix, you will take more of a hit than any help it will give you.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 11 of 13
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@jaysdad2k wrote:
Since it doesn't have a logo, does PayPal Buyer Credit(GEMB) count as a store card?

Yes it does.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 12 of 13
NavyLifter
Valued Member

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@NavyLifter wrote:

So, I decided to go ahead and take the plunge to apply for a store charge card.  I like the clothes at Kohl's and figure I could use it there a decent amount.

I was approved instantly online which was a good feeling.  I haven't applied for anything since June of last year.  Hopefully this should help my scores out.

Congrats! I like Kohl's, and you get great insider deals with their card. I'll start the rush by asking you to let us know your CL when you find out, and which CRA they pulled. Smiley Very Happy

You do realize that the 3/13 EX score you listed can't be a FICO, right? Unless you belong to that Pennsylvania credit union or have been mortgage shopping.

Sorry, by EX I meant EQ instead.  I just wasn't paying too close attention when I was typing.  I looked at Creditboards Pulls database and it looks like they pull Experian for those living in Wisconsin.  Last month or January when I checked Experian I was at 662.  However, I don't know for sure it was Experian but that's my educated guess.

The CL is only $300, but that's really all I need.  I don't spend a ton of money on clothes and pay things off in full anyways. 

FICOs (4/7/09): TU-749 (WOW!); EQ-698; EX-?

FICOs (as of 11/1/08): TU-690, EQ-678, EX-646

FICOs (3/13/09): TU-698; EQ-696; EX-662
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.