cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added too many accounts....score worse than someone that doesn't pay their bills.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Added too many accounts....score worse than someone that doesn't pay their bills.

Yes that's normal for synch bank. Their weird. Put some threw it they will give a CLI. They gave me one on my lowes but not for another account. There reason was they wanted to see some payment history. Walmart was the same way with comenity.
I think those 2 banks just reach into a bucket full of tags that say yes or no and give you one or not lol.
Message 21 of 44
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Added too many accounts....score worse than someone that doesn't pay their bills.

my scores flucuate very strangely on CreditKarma, up down up down. I dont use that as any basis for applying for credit. Its good to monitor activity with those sites. but did your actual fico scores drop that much? 

Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT says my plus scores are ex580, tu630, and efx601......not sure what they were before. would this be the scores that lenders go to look at? i need these up asap. 

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i believe this to be my only course of action, and get all accounts to 0. no more apps lol. that extra 30% for the card is enticing though. thanks for the assistance people. 

I think you have three factors working against you. You've taken many inqs, opened many new accounts, and caused your AAoA to tank. Really, there isn't a solution for this other than time. The effect of inqs will decrease over time, with it disappearing after 1 year and disappearing off of your reports after two. New accounts stop being a detriment after two years, I think. And AAoA will go back up with time, although I can't say how long it will take to replace. I know I went from three cards to eight and it took 4 mornths or so for my scores to recover. You've done much more, so it might take mroe time.

The other thing is that you don't want all accounts to $0. All to $0 has a very negative effect on your score. However, if you keep one card at between 1% and 9%, with all the others at 0%, then you'll be in the optimal zone. As the counter point to that argument is the issue that utilization is recalculated from scratch every month. Therefore, unless you're planning on getting back on the apping horse, there is no reason to take them to 0 until you want to app again. I would just make sure that you pay all the cards in full by the due date and let the system work for you.

Message 24 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just add the au card which will balance out your aaoa and therefore your fico score.

Message 25 of 44
ddemari
Super Contributor

Lenders most commonly look at your FICO scores. While yes some do use vantage etc, more likely they are using FICO.
Message 26 of 44
taxi818
Super Contributor

Ck scores are vantage. useless. look at ficos which will not be so bad.

Message 27 of 44
JamP
Valued Contributor

Some of your cards give free Fico Scores. What are those scores?

I watch my fako scores still but not as much as my fico scores from the different cards I have.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 28 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamP wrote:

Some of your cards give free Fico Scores. What are those scores?

I watch my fako scores still but not as much as my fico scores from the different cards I have.

+1, but we should first see which cards Op has;

@OP which cards do you have?

Message 29 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

my accounts are: cap1 QS1, cap1QS1, first premier, wellsfargl retail (ashleys furniture store card), express, victoria secret, kohls, lowes, walmart, BR, barclays rewars, kay, onemain financial (to get an installment on my mix), a closed zales, AU on a 2 year on chase account with perfect histroy and 0 uti..................21 inq, 0 lates.

side note, got another update from CK this morning my eqfx dropped 17 more points to 501. ive never been late on anything in my life lol. BUT, the CCT is at 601 and 630 tu

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.