Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addicted

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Addicted

Sounds like an excellent plan especially since the car will require top scores for best rates Smiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 20
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@kd081708 wrote:

Is there such a thing as being addicted to  applying for stuff? I think I need help...I can't stop apping! Any suggestions?

We all get that feeling of euphoria in the acceptance of a new card, that obtaining the unobtainable.  It's a rush, for sure.  One of the very first steps to overcoming that desire is to always, always remind yourself, that credit is not a competitive sport!  You're not in competition with anyone else to continue to obtain.  You should app for that which you will use, not that which you desire.  I know it's hard, but do this each day when you feel that need, and in 28 days, you'll feel better about your desire to app.

Dr Phil moment is now over... Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 20
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@kd081708 wrote:

Lol....I wish it was that simple. I can't hep myself. after not having a cc for 6 years and then getting 2, that feeling is amazing when u see "congratulations."

Yes, But receiving 7-10 day messages because of too many inquiries is devastating. Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 20
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@kd081708 wrote:

Thanks everyone for the responses! yes, i had joined the gardening club forum just the other day and didnt last long. However, after reading some of your responses, I dont want to risk getting a bunch of denials and possibly prevent some CLI's on my current cards. I am going to practice self control and STOP applying for stuff ASAP. lol I want to refinance my car in 6 months so my goal will be to stop applying as of yesterday which was my last app. So Sept 7th, 2014 is my goal. With all the support that I receive on here, I know I can do it! Thanks again and I will stay updating and replying and learning!

9/7 is a great day for your goal. I was born on that day, LOL.  I will put a note in my Outlook to check back and see how you did!.  Stay strong... -Barry

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 14 of 20
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@kd081708 wrote:

Is there such a thing as being addicted to  applying for stuff? I think I need help...I can't stop apping! Any suggestions?

FREEZE YOUR REPORTS AND HIDE THE PIN NUMBERS!

Should I say it again?

Okay, one more time......

It's the best thing for you since you don't have self control.  Been there, done that, understand exactly how you feel.  So......

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 15 of 20
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

If you freeze your reports,   Does that hurt in getting any CLI's?

Message 16 of 20
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

If you freeze your reports,   Does that hurt in getting any CLI's?

My reports have been frozen for 1.5 years. No apps and my scores have gone very high. I have received a CLI in that time. However, I have not received any pre-approvals or any credit card offer mailings during the freeze.

By the way, freezing your reports is a cure for the app itch. It has stopped me several times. It is a hassle to unfreeze them. All app addicts should follow that suggestion.

Of course the main reason to freeze your reports is to protect from iDentity theft, which these days is a very real possibility.

Message 17 of 20
Smug
Established Contributor

You will learn like the rest of us did......lol
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 18 of 20
kd081708
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice everyone! I went ahead and froze my Transunion report online. For some reason, I could do Equifax or Experian so I will mail those off tomorrow. That sounds like the best solution fo my addiction! 2 days down.....lol

Starting Score: EQ 450 EX 498 TU 470
Current Score:
EQ 574 EX 581 TU 572 Barclay 596 Merrick 612
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

@kd081708 wrote:

You and me both, my friend. Ask MyJourney to put you on lock-down...that's what I do...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.