Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding AUs again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding AUs again

@webhopper wrote:

Citibank is one that doesn't ask for the AU's SS# so how would a CRA know one John Smith from another?

I'm not sure how it works but it does work.

For me, it worked perfectly once my fiance's credit report started reporting our new address..   It lines up their name with the address.   The address wasn't updated on his report until i added him to my Amex, which used his ss# to report to the bureaus... They reported his new address, which is same as mine Smiley Wink

What happens if the AU's address isn't the same as the account holder like in my case?  Or was that in your case also at first?

Message 11 of 21
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Yep.  As posted, it picks it up by addresses.  Last names don't even have to match.  There's other ways as well.  Parents add on kids that have different addresses and some how it still manages to get picked up.  Friends add friends to cards, again, different addresses, but still shows up. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kjm79 wrote:

Yep.  As posted, it picks it up by addresses.  Last names don't even have to match.  There's other ways as well.  Parents add on kids that have different addresses and some how it still manages to get picked up.  Friends add friends to cards, again, different addresses, but still shows up. 

Without the AU's SS#?

Message 13 of 21
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Yep.  My DH and I were added on as AU's on a Shell card that his dad opened up back in the 90's after we got married to help us build or credit.  We had different addresses, didn't have to provide our SS #'s, same last name, that was it. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kjm79 wrote:

Yep.  My DH and I were added on as AU's on a Shell card that his dad opened up back in the 90's after we got married to help us build or credit.  We had different addresses, didn't have to provide our SS #'s, same last name, that was it. 

The situation isn't like mine with different name. different addresses, SS# on one card but only the name on the other.

Message 15 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The situation isn't like mine with different name. different addresses, SS# on one card but only the name on the other.

All you can do is go through the process for each issuer, give all the information they ask for, and see if they report.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All you can do is go through the process for each issuer, give all the information they ask for, and see if they report.

Actually, I've done just that but I wonder how long it would take before any difference would be noticed if at all?

Message 17 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Anywhere from a month to two months you should have a pretty good idea.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, PNC said that they don't report to CRA.  I just ran a report on my added AU and my PNC credit card account shows up.  The Citibank one doesn't but that might have something to do with the fact that I didn't allow online access to the account or give them a card as I did with the PNC which was automatic.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.