Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Amex revolvers to counteract Citi Hilton conversion

tag
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Adding Amex revolvers to counteract Citi Hilton conversion

Hi all,

So I assume the readers are familiar with the fact that due to the breakup between Citi and Hilton, all Citi Hilton cards will be converted to Amex cards in January. There is a caveat, however, that Citi will be in touch with you if for some reason you "can't" be sent over to Amex. So I'm wondering if I can get a total of 4 Amex revolvers before then and then maybe I'll be contacted since Amex only lets you have 4 revolvers. Would this kind of forcing work? I really don't want an Amex Hilton at the moment.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Adding Amex revolvers to counteract Citi Hilton conversion

@mkhan1093 wrote:

So I'm wondering if I can get a total of 4 Amex revolvers before then and then maybe I'll be contacted since Amex only lets you have 4 revolvers.

This is no longer the case from my understanding. AMEX will let you have more than 4+ revolvers as long as your credit profile supports it.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding Amex revolvers to counteract Citi Hilton conversion

My assumption would be that "can't be moved" means a call to tell you they'll be closing your card. I guess you might get a PC out of it but if you were considering taking 4 new aaoa hits to avoid changing to Amex why not just app for the citi card you're hoping to PC to.

Unless you hoped to keep it a citi Hilton which I just don't see happening.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.