Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding User to Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding User to Account

I' have a cc with FIA. Got a HP to open the account and a SP to get a CLLI (got CLI at time I was approved). Now I want to add my husband as co-applicant. To do that, FIA says they'll to do another HP on MY credit record even tho they confirmed my account is in excellent standing and balance PIF.  Not asking for another CLI, not opening up a new cc so why the heck would FIA need to do another HP on ME to approve or deny my husband?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding User to Account

FWIW, I got the cc less than 60 days ago. I understand the need to do a HP on my husband since he's going to be added as a joint user but don't understand FIA's rationale for doing another HP on me. Anyone adding a co-applicant have a HP from FIA recently?

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Adding User to Account

@Anonymous wrote:

Not asking for another CLI, not opening up a new cc so why the heck would FIA need to do another HP on ME to approve or deny my husband?

With a co-applicant  credit for both matters.  Your credit isn't static.  A lot of changes can take place in 60 days.  It could be a different matter if you added him immediately after applying but would still depend on the creditor's specific policies.

Is adding him or avoiding the HP more important to you?  Does he need to be joint or would being an AU suffice?  The latter wouldn't require a pull for either of you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.