Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an AU on Addison Ave FCU/First Tech FCU VISA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding an AU on Addison Ave FCU/First Tech FCU VISA

I joined and apped for Platinum VISA with Addison Ave last Oct.   I was very happy with them until now.  I called in to add my daughter as an AU because I could not find the site to do so at online acct.  The rep told me I have to request it in person at one of their branch or in writing.   Na~ice!

Cons:

• There was no statement available online for my VISA except banking accts.
  • Their web site is not good as Navy Fed ~ very poor ~
  • Not able to add an AU online nor over the phone ... it must be in person at branch or in the written request with my info (name, Address, Phone #, Acct #), Reason (What?  Why? None of my other ccc asked this!!) of adding, AU's name, and my signature.    

Pros:

• Now, able to view the statement for my VISA online.
  • Nice CL
  • Nice card design
  • NO foreign transaction fees vs 1% with Navy Fed.

Q: 

• Has anyone added an AU to your Addison Ave/First Tech's cc? 
  • How did you do it?  Was their any problem?  
  • How long did it took to receive a cc for AU?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Not happy with Addison Ave FCU/First Tech FCU

@Anonymous wrote:

I joined and apped for Platinum VISA with Addison Ave last Oct.   I was very happy with them until now.  I called in to add my daughter as an AU because I could not find the site to do so at online acct.  The rep told me I have to request it in person at one of their branch or in writing.   Na~ice!

Cons:

• There was no statement available online for my VISA except banking accts.
  • Their web site is not good as Navy Fed ~ very poor ~
  • Not able to add an AU online nor over the phone ... it must be in person at branch or in the written request with my info (name, Address, Phone #, Acct #), Reason (What?  Why? None of my other ccc asked this!!) of adding, AU's name, and my signature.    

Pros:

• Now, able to view the statement for my VISA online.
  • Nice CL
  • Nice card design
  • NO foreign transaction fees vs 1% with Navy Fed.

Q: 

• Has anyone added an AU to your Addison Ave/First Tech's cc? 
  • How did you do it?  Was their any problem?  
  • How long did it took to receive a cc for AU?

Play rep roulette.

I added my wife about 1.5 years ago over the phone.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 7
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Actually, unless their policy has changed, PenFed also requires that you fill out a form and mail it back to add an AU.  So, it's not just Addison. But yes, it sucks that you can't add someone online or over the phone.  Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

@TangMeister wrote:

Actually, unless their policy has changed, PenFed also requires that you fill out a form and mail it back to add an AU.  So, it's not just Addison. But yes, it sucks that you can't add someone online or over the phone.  Smiley Sad

Yes, PenFed requires you to either mail or fax an AU form. 

Message 4 of 7
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Having been a member for about two years now, I feel comfortable responding to this thread.

Addison Ave/First Tech are having some growing pains and the website is still a mess but they are a great credit union.

The fact that they are requiring paper to add an authorized user is just protecting you.

Just fax them the request with your signature and you should be fine.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke with a very nice rep ... not the tall free # on the back of the card, 1-877-233-4766.  He gave me another phone # to reach them ... 1-855-855-8805.  He told me the # on the back of the card is just for a general acct inquiries ONLY.  It is better to call them at the main member service #s during their business time.

Here is update info to add an AU:

Must fill out the form and mail it in with a required document.

* The rep sent me a form to my e-mail acct.

A required document is a copy of AU's identification ... DL, Passport, Alien Card, Military ID w/photo.

The reason ... due to the fraud occurrence and protect the members and them (First Tech FCU).

* Itsmeagain ~ you are right!   It's a pain but worth it.  Smiley Tongue

Addition to it, the rep told me my acct is grand father contract and everything stays the same unless I request to change the CL, Rewards program etc.  So, the ZERO foreign transaction fee ... this is very important.    I hope they wont change any terms and conditions like Chase did to Wa-Mu customer in the past in the future.

P.S.  The funny thing is that automated system did not ask any of my acct information other than 1 for First Tech customer and 2 for Addison Ave customer, then connected to the rep.

Message 6 of 7
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I'm glad it worked out for you.  Addison Ave. has been very good to me.  Regular CLI's on the credit card, an unsecured line of credit, etc.  And, most of that was while I was in the credit rebuilding stage.

I don't expect them to follow the lead of the big banks since they are member owned.  It is to their own, personal advantage to keep rates low and benefits high.

Have a great day.   Smiley Wink

IMA

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.