Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding funds to BOA secured card?

tag
Drefrombk
New Contributor

Adding funds to BOA secured card?

I have fully secured BOA card with a $300 limit. I plan on adding a $1000 before it unsecures. My question is will I get back the full $1300 or just my intial deposit of $300?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding funds to BOA secured card?

you will get it all back maybe an extra 500 good luck..
Message 2 of 5
CreditKnight_850
Valued Member

I started my BOA secured card with $500 in april 2008. after about 2 months I added $2500 and that upped the limit to $3000. in November 2008 i added $2000 more to get my limit to $5000 and after that i have been calling every month to get it graduated but they always told me 30 days more. A couple of days ago they finally "gave up" and graduated my card with $5500 limit and said that all my deposit will be sent to me as a check in 7-10 days. Still have not received it but i'm happy that finally my card is graduated.

Thanks,

Khawar 

Message 3 of 5
Established Contributor

@KhawarAshraf wrote:

. A couple of days ago they finally "gave up" and graduated my card with $5500 limit and said that all my deposit will be sent to me as a check in 7-10 days. Still have not received it but i'm happy that finally my card is graduated.

Congrats on the $5,500 unsecured line.

Do you want to try for $10,000?

When you receive the check, you could keep the party going. Have you considered opening a Bank of America savings account or perhaps buy a short term CD for $5,000?

I would bet BoA will fairly quickly start providing auto CLIs. Depending upon your income, you might even get a $10,000 CL That would be known as going on to "Grad School" after "graduating".Smiley Wink

If you don't get auto CLIs to $10,000 you could ask for a CLI right before the CD is scheduled to mature. Call up and point to the fact that you have a CD on deposit and wanted to know if you could get a CLI based upon your extensive banking relationship. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

KhawarAshraf,

How did you send the money to increase your limit (personal check, BofA cashiers check, money order...)? What mailing address did you use? And lastly, what info did you include (name, acct #...)?

Message Edited by Chungyang on 04-03-2009 02:08 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.