Reply
Established Contributor
cwwatts1202
Posts: 689
Registered: ‎12-01-2011
0

Adding minor as AU?

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)

Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Adding minor as AU?


cwwatts1202 wrote:

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)


you can add your dog and cat or goldish as an AU on your CC. The companies rarely care nor check since your on the hook regardless of their use. For god sakes companies are so lax that you can even use a new born child's social to turn on your water and electricity at most places -_-;


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Contributor
cwwatts1202
Posts: 689
Registered: ‎12-01-2011
0

Re: Adding minor as AU?


distantarray wrote:

cwwatts1202 wrote:

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)


you can add your dog and cat or goldish as an AU on your CC. The companies rarely care nor check since your on the hook regardless of their use. For god sakes companies are so lax that you can even use a new born child's social to turn on your water and electricity at most places -_-;


LOL :smileyhappy: thanks!! what about the # of AU?? Can you have more than 1 AU on one card?

Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Adding minor as AU?


cwwatts1202 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

cwwatts1202 wrote:

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)



you can add your dog and cat or goldish as an AU on your CC. The companies rarely care nor check since your on the hook regardless of their use. For god sakes companies are so lax that you can even use a new born child's social to turn on your water and electricity at most places -_-;


LOL :smileyhappy: thanks!! what about the # of AU?? Can you have more than 1 AU on one card?


I have 5 on my Amex BCP, in the past you could add upto 99 on some, all depends on the card, but generally 2-5 is no problem. I'm pretty sure they restricted the number of AU's cause in 06-07 people were selling AU accounts to strangers online and making a VERY nice profit out of them boosting their scores through the roof.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Contributor
cwwatts1202
Posts: 689
Registered: ‎12-01-2011
0

Re: Adding minor as AU?


distantarray wrote:

cwwatts1202 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

cwwatts1202 wrote:

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)



you can add your dog and cat or goldish as an AU on your CC. The companies rarely care nor check since your on the hook regardless of their use. For god sakes companies are so lax that you can even use a new born child's social to turn on your water and electricity at most places -_-;


LOL :smileyhappy: thanks!! what about the # of AU?? Can you have more than 1 AU on one card?


I have 5 on my Amex BCP, in the past you could add upto 99 on some, all depends on the card, but generally 2-5 is no problem. I'm pretty sure they restricted the number of AU's cause in 06-07 people were selling AU accounts to strangers online and making a VERY nice profit out of them boosting their scores through the roof.


Oh wow!! Well we only want to have 2 AU on each card, me and one of the kids. This will only help their AAoA right? Our kids are 2, 3 and 6, I don't expect it to help their scores or anything, I don't even know if minors have scores lol I just figured it'd help their AAoA at least for now until they turn 18.

Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Adding minor as AU?


cwwatts1202 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

cwwatts1202 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

cwwatts1202 wrote:

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)



you can add your dog and cat or goldish as an AU on your CC. The companies rarely care nor check since your on the hook regardless of their use. For god sakes companies are so lax that you can even use a new born child's social to turn on your water and electricity at most places -_-;


LOL :smileyhappy: thanks!! what about the # of AU?? Can you have more than 1 AU on one card?


I have 5 on my Amex BCP, in the past you could add upto 99 on some, all depends on the card, but generally 2-5 is no problem. I'm pretty sure they restricted the number of AU's cause in 06-07 people were selling AU accounts to strangers online and making a VERY nice profit out of them boosting their scores through the roof.


Oh wow!! Well we only want to have 2 AU on each card, me and one of the kids. This will only help their AAoA right? Our kids are 2, 3 and 6, I don't expect it to help their scores or anything, I don't even know if minors have scores lol I just figured it'd help their AAoA at least for now until they turn 18.


you might have to lie about their age on the application to make it stick, not saying it's the right thing to do, but just saying :smileytongue:

 

Amex I believe your supposed to be 15, but Amex would help them out the most out of any card if you can get them on. Why? Cause backdating if it's still around when they get older, if you get them added now their member start date is locked in at 2013 (only amex does this) this means in 20 years if they open their own Amex cards they'll all get 2013 as the start date on all Amex cards (issued directly from Amex itself) from 2013 + application month. So if it's January 2033 their new cards will report from January 2013 even if you openned the card in 2033 =)


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}