Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 689
Registered: ‎12-01-2011
0

Adding minor as AU?

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)

Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Adding minor as AU?


cwwatts1202 wrote:

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)


you can add your dog and cat or goldish as an AU on your CC. The companies rarely care nor check since your on the hook regardless of their use. For god sakes companies are so lax that you can even use a new born child's social to turn on your water and electricity at most places -_-;


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Contributor
Posts: 689
Registered: ‎12-01-2011
0

Re: Adding minor as AU?


distantarray wrote:

cwwatts1202 wrote:

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)


you can add your dog and cat or goldish as an AU on your CC. The companies rarely care nor check since your on the hook regardless of their use. For god sakes companies are so lax that you can even use a new born child's social to turn on your water and electricity at most places -_-;


LOL :smileyhappy: thanks!! what about the # of AU?? Can you have more than 1 AU on one card?

Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Adding minor as AU?


cwwatts1202 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

cwwatts1202 wrote:

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)



you can add your dog and cat or goldish as an AU on your CC. The companies rarely care nor check since your on the hook regardless of their use. For god sakes companies are so lax that you can even use a new born child's social to turn on your water and electricity at most places -_-;


LOL :smileyhappy: thanks!! what about the # of AU?? Can you have more than 1 AU on one card?


I have 5 on my Amex BCP, in the past you could add upto 99 on some, all depends on the card, but generally 2-5 is no problem. I'm pretty sure they restricted the number of AU's cause in 06-07 people were selling AU accounts to strangers online and making a VERY nice profit out of them boosting their scores through the roof.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Contributor
Posts: 689
Registered: ‎12-01-2011
0

Re: Adding minor as AU?


distantarray wrote:

cwwatts1202 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

cwwatts1202 wrote:

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)



you can add your dog and cat or goldish as an AU on your CC. The companies rarely care nor check since your on the hook regardless of their use. For god sakes companies are so lax that you can even use a new born child's social to turn on your water and electricity at most places -_-;


LOL :smileyhappy: thanks!! what about the # of AU?? Can you have more than 1 AU on one card?


I have 5 on my Amex BCP, in the past you could add upto 99 on some, all depends on the card, but generally 2-5 is no problem. I'm pretty sure they restricted the number of AU's cause in 06-07 people were selling AU accounts to strangers online and making a VERY nice profit out of them boosting their scores through the roof.


Oh wow!! Well we only want to have 2 AU on each card, me and one of the kids. This will only help their AAoA right? Our kids are 2, 3 and 6, I don't expect it to help their scores or anything, I don't even know if minors have scores lol I just figured it'd help their AAoA at least for now until they turn 18.

Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Adding minor as AU?


cwwatts1202 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

cwwatts1202 wrote:

distantarray wrote:

cwwatts1202 wrote:

Is it possible to add a child as an AU to a CC? Just thinking about my kids credit and how it'd help them out when they're older if they were AU on our cards. Is that even possible?? Thanks in advance! (also, how many AU can you have on one card??)



you can add your dog and cat or goldish as an AU on your CC. The companies rarely care nor check since your on the hook regardless of their use. For god sakes companies are so lax that you can even use a new born child's social to turn on your water and electricity at most places -_-;


LOL :smileyhappy: thanks!! what about the # of AU?? Can you have more than 1 AU on one card?


I have 5 on my Amex BCP, in the past you could add upto 99 on some, all depends on the card, but generally 2-5 is no problem. I'm pretty sure they restricted the number of AU's cause in 06-07 people were selling AU accounts to strangers online and making a VERY nice profit out of them boosting their scores through the roof.


Oh wow!! Well we only want to have 2 AU on each card, me and one of the kids. This will only help their AAoA right? Our kids are 2, 3 and 6, I don't expect it to help their scores or anything, I don't even know if minors have scores lol I just figured it'd help their AAoA at least for now until they turn 18.


you might have to lie about their age on the application to make it stick, not saying it's the right thing to do, but just saying :smileytongue:

 

Amex I believe your supposed to be 15, but Amex would help them out the most out of any card if you can get them on. Why? Cause backdating if it's still around when they get older, if you get them added now their member start date is locked in at 2013 (only amex does this) this means in 20 years if they open their own Amex cards they'll all get 2013 as the start date on all Amex cards (issued directly from Amex itself) from 2013 + application month. So if it's January 2033 their new cards will report from January 2013 even if you openned the card in 2033 =)


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.