Did you mean: 

Adding my wife as an authorized user

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Adding my wife as an authorized user

@parakleet wrote:

@webhopper wrote:
Adding him to a new account will likely not help as much as if you add him to an older account..to help the most you would add him to your oldest account and let it be at 0 balance.

Thanks. That's what I plan on doing. I think if I add him to two of my older accounts ('08, '06) that will bring his util down from 95% to under 40%. I have a brand new BCP which if he's added as an AU, it would lower his util even more despite the lack of history. So I may do that as well. 

That sounds like a great plan! Good luck!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 15
mikey4833
Valued Member

My great aunt said adding me to her credit card from 1987 would really help my credit but I was born april 10 84 lol creditors would know something is up with that.. Do creditors count authorized users accounts during say a reconsideration? Like say I got declined by Chase for the freedom card. I call the back door number to lending services. They say they want more credit history well 20 some years will give them plenty lol if it would work. She said she may add me as joint if authorized user doesn't help me. Any ideas on this?

Starting Score: TU:599 EXP: 596 EQ: 595 Starting Year 2009
Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013
Goal Score: 760+ across the board by next year July 2014 5 yrs after BK

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

It will help for sure but only if you and her share a common address or if she is required to give your social.

Sometimes AU cards wont report until the addresses line up perfectly.

Its likely that with the added history you may not need to recon. Every lender is different as to whether they include AU.accounts in their scoring formula
FICO 9:

Message 13 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

She can try the AU route if that doesn't work then go the joint route except remember that if something happens to ber you will be on the hook for the bill. Also keep in mind that if the utilization is high on the account it will actually hurt more than it helps.
FICO 9:

Message 14 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Also, there have been mixed responses on whether or not Chase will take the AUs history into account. If computer approval, yes- manual review they will not. YMMV
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.