Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding on as AU? *EDIT*

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Adding on as AU? *EDIT*

My grandmother has offered to add my husband to her walmart discover card. She's had the card for around 7 years or so, credit limit is $3,600 balance is $447. Would it benefit him for her to add him on? She always pays it on time. I was wondering if he would get the benefits from the card being 7 years old and the high limit? He has a cap1 secured now $200 CL and a Finger Hut revolving $250 CL. So would this $3,600 limit be considered into his limits as well him being an AU? 

**Also want to know if it would back date for him to help boost his AAoA which is only 1 year**

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Adding on as AU?

If your DH is added on as an AU he should get the history that goes along with the card. I say should because its not a guarantee that your grandmothers information would sync up with his CR's . CRAs use criteria to match ie last names, same address etc. Also some lenders do not report AUs. Walmart/Discover does report AUs.
Message 2 of 4
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
If your DH is added on as an AU he should get the history that goes along with the card. I say should because its not a guarantee that your grandmothers information would sync up with his CR's . CRAs use criteria to match ie last names, same address etc. Also some lenders do not report AUs. Walmart/Discover does report AUs.

Hmm. So should he be added? Would it be beneficial to him to be added?

Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It will only help him if his information is picked up by the CRAS. Some have had issues with AUs reporting if the last names and addresses do not match. If they ask for his SSN (which I don't recall if Walmart does) then his chances are slimmer than if his last name and/or address matched your grandmother.

You can try and see if it reports - there isn't any harm in trying
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.