Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding spouse as an authorized user?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding spouse as an authorized user?

Let's say we add our spouse as an authorized user, would that help boost their credit score? Thank you all! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding spouse as an authorized user?

@Anonymous wrote:

Let's say we add our spouse as an authorized user, would that help boost their credit score? Thank you all! 

It's possible that it would raise his score but it's impossible to know for sure without knowing the details of his credit file.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

it may.  Depending on the CL, the UTL on that card, and the AAOA.

The CL could help the spouse's score so long as there is low UTL  on it.  If it's a 5000 CL, but you have 4500 on it....it may not help depending on what the spouse has already avail open credit.

If the card is brand new....it could hurt the score because of lowering the avg of the spouse's AAOA.

In helping to rebuid my credit, i have become an AUTH user on some of my wife's cards....generally the older ones, and ones that are not being used so i can pad my UTL

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

it may.  Depending on the CL, the UTL on that card, and the AAOA.

The CL could help the spouse's score so long as there is low UTL  on it.  If it's a 5000 CL, but you have 4500 on it....it may not help depending on what the spouse has already avail open credit.

If the card is brand new....it could hurt the score because of lowering the avg of the spouse's AAOA.

In helping to rebuid my credit, i have become an AUTH user on some of my wife's cards....generally the older ones, and ones that are not being used so i can pad my UTL

Thank you! The cards are new but there's no choice. He needs at least a couple credit cards because he has none. LOL So I added him to my AMX and Chase! Balance are low and can be paid off in full. We don't spend much! The CCs are to pay the bills and things we need to earn rewards. I think the AMX would look pretty on his profile! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep....if you're starting from 0 then it will help!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.