Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding, then removing, then adding AU account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding, then removing, then adding AU account

Is there any harm in first being added, then removed, then being added again as an AU?

I am an AU on three high-limit, PIF, seasoned CLs. I'm getting back on track with CC and my own TLs and am planning ahead for removing the AUs at some point in the future, trying to balance AAoA and baddies falling off, etc.

Is there any harm is being added, then taken off, then (for whatever reason in the future) being added again? Same TL. (Assume that it's clean and seasoned and high CL and way older than any of my CC accounts.)

Also, if total CL amount (AU+non-AU) is factored in, do I need to worry if the credit availability is over my income? How much over? What's the ratio that banks start to notice and freak out, assuming that you always PIF.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Adding, then removing, then adding AU account

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any harm in first being added, then removed, then being added again as an AU?

I am an AU on three high-limit, PIF, seasoned CLs. I'm getting back on track with CC and my own TLs and am planning ahead for removing the AUs at some point in the future, trying to balance AAoA and baddies falling off, etc.

Is there any harm is being added, then taken off, then (for whatever reason in the future) being added again? Same TL. (Assume that it's clean and seasoned and high CL and way older than any of my CC accounts.)

Also, if total CL amount (AU+non-AU) is factored in, do I need to worry if the credit availability is over my income? How much over? What's the ratio that banks start to notice and freak out, assuming that you always PIF.

I think you might be a test case, I have not heard of anyone doing this, in theory it should not be a problem unless you disputed off the AU account from your CR. If you disputed it off as not responsible and later added self a new account number would most likely be needed for it to appear on your CRs. Some creditors dont even included AU calculations into a scoring others do. 

There is not set amount of credit you can have over your income, Im nearing 3x more than income with low utilization and I believe that is key to getting total overall lines that exceed your income.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.