Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding to credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding to credit report

I am trying to figure out some credit lines to add to my new file. I have 2 inqs and was approved for Capital One Journey Student w/ 750 cl. The other I applied was the Discover but was denied due to insufficient credit file. 

I called and they said there was a delinquent account on my Transunion. But I do not think that is possible I have never shared my social and I just turned 18 this past July. 

I am thinking about apping for AMEX Zync just to get my foot in the door and later app for BlueCash. Has anyone had experience with CITI Platinum Select for Students?

I need a couple more cards in my name to attain my goal of 750 fico

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Adding to credit report

Your better bet is to wait 6months for new card to report.  Also, check our all your credit reports and fix inaccurateinfo.  you won't qualify until that stuff happens.  Citibank forward student and reapp for discover in 6 months or so.  Probably won't be able to do zync this year.  Once hit one year with cap one, app for zync.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

Your better bet is to wait 6months for new card to report.  Also, check our all your credit reports and fix inaccurateinfo.  you won't qualify until that stuff happens.  Citibank forward student and reapp for discover in 6 months or so.  Probably won't be able to do zync this year.  Once hit one year with cap one, app for zync.

+1

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! I was thinking that but I do not want to be stuck w/ a low limit for so long!

I thought Capital 1 reported to CB every 30 days.

Message 4 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome! I was thinking that but I do not want to be stuck w/ a low limit for so long!

I thought Capital 1 reported to CB every 30 days.

It does, but you need to build a little history.  Even the student Discover and student Citibank want you to have some history.  One other student card is Wells Fargo.  To get Zync, I recommend you have 1 year of history with a card.  But you really need to pull all your credit files from every CRA to figure out which ones have negatives and fix it.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I try to get my report from annualreport site it asks weird security questions that I do not recognize and I was able to pull Equifax out of the 3 and it only reported 1 inquiry and employer pull and soft pulls from school. 

I mailed in stuff to Trans and Exp but keep getting a explanation that cannot verify my identity. 

Message 6 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I suggest calling and spreaking with their identity theft department. The fact that there are security questions you don't recognize may be a sign that someone has used your info to open an account or to apply for credit.

Did you mail in a copy of your drivers liscence, ss card, and a utility bill or bank statement? Those are the things they will need in order to verify that you are really you
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Call them and explain to tu that your think might be problem.  Otherwise you will need to wait a bit until cap one reports for several months.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is what I mailed in. It is strange I thought this too but how will I go about talking to someone about this I have sent them everything and I haven't received a reply?

Message 9 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

If that's the case then you may have to file some reports with the police.

In any case I think you'll be good if you keep trying!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.