Established Member
Rackham12

Adding to credit report

I am trying to figure out some credit lines to add to my new file. I have 2 inqs and was approved for Capital One Journey Student w/ 750 cl. The other I applied was the Discover but was denied due to insufficient credit file. 

I called and they said there was a delinquent account on my Transunion. But I do not think that is possible I have never shared my social and I just turned 18 this past July. 

I am thinking about apping for AMEX Zync just to get my foot in the door and later app for BlueCash. Has anyone had experience with CITI Platinum Select for Students?

I need a couple more cards in my name to attain my goal of 750 fico

EQ/637
TU/616
EXP/659

Valued Contributor
Crashem

Re: Adding to credit report

Your better bet is to wait 6months for new card to report.  Also, check our all your credit reports and fix inaccurateinfo.  you won't qualify until that stuff happens.  Citibank forward student and reapp for discover in 6 months or so.  Probably won't be able to do zync this year.  Once hit one year with cap one, app for zync.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Contributor
wealthcreator

Crashem wrote:

Your better bet is to wait 6months for new card to report.  Also, check our all your credit reports and fix inaccurateinfo.  you won't qualify until that stuff happens.  Citibank forward student and reapp for discover in 6 months or so.  Probably won't be able to do zync this year.  Once hit one year with cap one, app for zync.

+1

Walmart TU-724 on 12-2012
EX-707 on 08-2012
EQ-668on 08-2012
Rackham12

Awesome! I was thinking that but I do not want to be stuck w/ a low limit for so long!

I thought Capital 1 reported to CB every 30 days.

EQ/637
TU/616
EXP/659

Valued Contributor
Crashem

Rackham12 wrote:

Awesome! I was thinking that but I do not want to be stuck w/ a low limit for so long!

I thought Capital 1 reported to CB every 30 days.

It does, but you need to build a little history.  Even the student Discover and student Citibank want you to have some history.  One other student card is Wells Fargo.  To get Zync, I recommend you have 1 year of history with a card.  But you really need to pull all your credit files from every CRA to figure out which ones have negatives and fix it.

Established Member
Rackham12

When I try to get my report from annualreport site it asks weird security questions that I do not recognize and I was able to pull Equifax out of the 3 and it only reported 1 inquiry and employer pull and soft pulls from school. 

I mailed in stuff to Trans and Exp but keep getting a explanation that cannot verify my identity. 

EQ/637
TU/616
EXP/659

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

I suggest calling and spreaking with their identity theft department. The fact that there are security questions you don't recognize may be a sign that someone has used your info to open an account or to apply for credit.

Did you mail in a copy of your drivers liscence, ss card, and a utility bill or bank statement? Those are the things they will need in order to verify that you are really you

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Crashem

Call them and explain to tu that your think might be problem.  Otherwise you will need to wait a bit until cap one reports for several months.

Established Member
Rackham12

Yes that is what I mailed in. It is strange I thought this too but how will I go about talking to someone about this I have sent them everything and I haven't received a reply?

EQ/637
TU/616
EXP/659

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

If that's the case then you may have to file some reports with the police.

In any case I think you'll be good if you keep trying!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+