Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addison Avenue CU appears BK friendly

tag
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

Addison Avenue CU appears BK friendly

I talked to Addison Avenue CU today about a secured credit card I applied for yesterday. The rep told me that they don't pull any credit bureaus. The rep said approval isn't guaranteed, but I would think if they don't pull credit, that increases the chances of people with BK's and bad credit to be approved. I hope to hear something in the next day or so and will post the results.  
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Addison Avenue CU appears BK friendly

then how do they decide who to approve & who to kick to the curb?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would seem that if they don't pull a report, then they have to rely solely on your history with them
Message Edited by rbh on 03-05-2010 12:34 AM
Message Edited by rbh on 03-05-2010 12:35 AM
Message 3 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

ScottsdaleDad wrote:
I talked to Addison Avenue CU today about a secured credit card I applied for yesterday. The rep told me that they don't pull any credit bureaus. The rep said approval isn't guaranteed, but I would think if they don't pull credit, that increases the chances of people with BK's and bad credit to be approved. I hope to hear something in the next day or so and will post the results.  

I hope you'll check your credit reports once you're done. CSR's have been known to be deeply wrong.

Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 12
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

I will be checking my bureaus after the decision. She said they base the approval on income and other factors. I'm not sure how true this is, but I'll let you know.
Message 5 of 12
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

Addison Avenue CU doesn't pull credit for their secured credit cards

I was approved today for an Addison Avenue Secured Credit Card with a $500 limit, no annual fee, and a 16% interest rate. Approval took about 2 days. They told me no credit reports would be pulled, and I checked all 3 today and no hard pulls. Must have based it on income and other factors. I have 2 years of clean credit on 2 auto loans after my BK 7 in 4/08. No other credit since the BK. They were very easy to deal with over the phone. I would highly recommend applying with them if others have turned you down. 
Message 6 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Addison Avenue CU doesn't pull credit for their secured credit cards

did you have to submit pay stubs or anything?  still trying to figure out their approval process.  thanks!
Message 7 of 12
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

No. I just completed the normal credit card app online, which also served as my membership application. So, I had no history with them prior to the app. I think the app asked for my income too. The next day, they asked me for a utility bill showing my wife on it, and they approved me the following day. If they somehow got my credit report, then they approved me with a 635 Equifax, my wife's 632 Equifax, a BK 7 discharged in 4/08, and 2 years of clean auto loan credit since the BK (No other credit).  
Message 8 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

does this card graduate ever?
Message 9 of 12
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

They said not automatically. You have to request to be switched to an unsecured card, which they said can be done after at least 6 months of payment history. 
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.