cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addison Avenue Federal Credit Union appears to call every new member and welcome them personally

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Addison Avenue Federal Credit Union appears to call every new member and welcome them personally

My wife and I each joined Addison Avenue after reading wmarat's experience.  We haven't applied for anything, other than setting up checking & savings.

Today they call to "Welcome" the new member, see if we had any questions, asked if we were interested in any of their loan or credit products, including 3.99% BT, and then gave a direct dial number to the CSR if needed anything or had questions in the future.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Addison Avenue Federal Credit Union appears to call every new member and welcome them personally

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife and I each joined Addison Avenue after reading wmarat's experience.  We haven't applied for anything, other than setting up checking & savings.

Today they call to "Welcome" the new member, see if we had any questions, asked if we were interested in any of their loan or credit products, including 3.99% BT, and then gave a direct dial number to the CSR if needed anything or had questions in the future.

Are you sure you didn't get the call because the "legend of txjohn" preceded you?

Message 2 of 22
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Re: Addison Avenue Federal Credit Union appears to call every new member and welcome them personally

Good move tx.  I didn't get the personal call, as I was on the phone with them over the next two days getting them information.

I did also apply for the Visa (5.24%), as my Simmons and First Command changed their terms this month.  Although you PIF, it's usually a good idea to have a really low-interest card in case of emergency.

They all seemed very friendly and showed great customer service.  This should be my last application for some time, and it was a great experience.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you sure you didn't get the call because the "legend of txjohn" preceded you?

LOL.  I think that would be more of the infamous effect.

I liked wmarat's review, I liked their low APR and low BT offers.  Right now my CU's of best review are NFCU and Alliant.  PenFed is okay....I'll probably like them better in 6 or 9 months once I'm not a "new member" but till then I'm luke warm on PenFed.

Addison appears to have some NFCU Alliant attributes and they seem really interested in new business.  My experience with PenFed is they act like they are doing me a favor.

Example:  I PIF my CC.  I had a pretty large balance, like $9k.  I initiate an online payment from the PenFed website.  They put a hold on my funds for a FULL 10 days.  The payment cleared my BoA account within 48 hours.  I called PenFed and asked if they could either verify the receipt of funds or allow me to provide proof of some sort.  Bottom line.......not really.  So, 10 days hold on funds is 1/3 of the month.  So the money is gone from my checking BoA but not available at PenFed.  I have no use of these funds and they don't want to do anything about it.  Andy they told be straight up....they plan to continue to do this for at least 6 months.  They claim they can't tell when the funds are clear and in their possession that the only thing they can do is wait 10 days to see if it is returned.  Uhhh....yeah, that was the case like 10+ years ago maybe but I don't have that problem with BoA, CapOne, Chase, Alliant, NFCU or any other bank.

Another PenFed experience.  I decided next time, I'll wire transfer the money to PenFed so there is no hold on funds.  I wired the money on a Thursday and they didn't credit the wire till late Monday the following week.  I have wired money to NFCU.....funds available in 1 hour.  I can do an online deposit with Alliant for instant access to cash up to $2500 and they will release the hold on more than this as soon as you can show that it has cleared.

PenFed is not just conservative, they tend to be borderline annoying.  Everytime I have talked to a CSR, they act like my call is an inconvenience, my questions are dumb and my requests are ridiculous or unwarranted.

Anyway, I can't really say anything about Addison yet other than they sure are a lot "warmer" to speak with than PenFed.

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-23-2009 03:10 PM
Message 4 of 22
mt2va
Established Contributor

So re: Addison Avenue how do they seem to be regarding approval, credit, etc?  Or if not them does anyone have suggestions for another CU that I might have a shot at like NFCU gave me?  My local CU refused to approve me for a $500 CC despite the fact that they loan me $18,000 a couple years ago for a car loan which I paid on time EVERY SINGLE MONTH!  Granted I don't have a 6 figure income like some on here & 800+ FICO but I'm so done with them.  (I claimed to be done after they refused to finance my last car but this time I am really done)  Apparently not all CU want to work with people.  I would like to build a relationship with a 2nd CU as I hate to have everything all in one place. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it will depend on your credit an income.  But I like Alliant, NFCU and am happy with the CS with Addison as of yet.

Message 6 of 22
mt2va
Established Contributor

Now see Alliant to me is like Penfed has been treating you lately LOL
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mt2va wrote:
Now see Alliant to me is like Penfed has been treating you lately LOL

LOL.  I guess it's the luck of the draw on who you speak to.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this has already been answered,I apologize. I looked for it but didn't see the membership requirements. I went to the Addison website and it mentioned Hewlett Packard employees.

Thanks

Message 9 of 22
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Start application on line as not member, when you get to eligibility check of some association for $5 and you are in.

@Anonymous wrote:

If this has already been answered,I apologize. I looked for it but didn't see the membership requirements. I went to the Addison website and it mentioned Hewlett Packard employees.

Thanks

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.