Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addison Avenue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Addison Avenue

Now I want to get a decent CU card. I am thinking of addison, as they have really good terms on their checking and savings accounts and they usually pre-approve you for a credit card. Does anyone have a credit card from them? I basicly do not need any more credit right now, but just thought it would be nice to have some extra lines with CU's these days. As far as I know, they will not cut limits or increase APR for not using the card...
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Addison Avenue

I have a card with AAFCU. What's a quesion?
Message Edited by wmarat on 11-13-2009 05:54 PM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I get the card with them in order just to have it, and will not use it often, will they cut the line or increase the APR like most of big banks would do? I heard they treat their customers good, but just wanted to make sure before applying
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it a good idea to exercise a card that you want to keep.  Especially if it is good CU that will provide you many other credit options down the road (like auto, etc.)

So, I suggest just picking an auto-pay item that is a monthly recurring, then set the Addison on "auto-pay" from your normal bank account that you deposit and normally pay bills from.  Doesn't change your monthly cashflow.

Then you can use it at times for other things.  They have rates as low as 5.24% standard and BT 3.9% no fees.  So they are a good card.  Their auto rates are good too.

Message 4 of 12
wmarat
Valued Contributor

1. To answer your question.

I do not know, but I have not seen any information indicating AA by AAFCU due to inactivity, only due to deliquency.

And yes, I am very pleased with their treatment.

2. On the side note.

I do not know what your portfolio is but I consider AAFCU Visa Platinum to be one of the best cards on market right know.

a) If you show decent income, they will give you decent CL and won't snatch it back in two weeks.

b) APR is 5.24%. I a PIFer, but in case of emergency thats nice APR to have. Thia APR is variable and as far as Prime is unchanged - APR is the same. Though I have Ameriprise 4.5% APR, I do  not trust Barclay at all and would not be surprised by any CIT.

C) 0% FTF, they even do not advertise it.

d) 1% cashback, invested every month on your share savings account (completely liquid), while 2% CB from Schwab, Fidelity and 1.5% CB of Ameriprise go to respective brokerage accounts.

e) Of course, it is your choice, but it is prime card from prime, customer oriented institution Smiley Tongue

Good Luck

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Wmarat. BTW, they give you an initial CL 3 times your monthly income as far as I remember. How are they with CLI? Do they always verify your income?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Moved:

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Wmarat. BTW, they give you an initial CL 3 times your monthly income as far as I remember. How are they with CLI? Do they always verify your income?

I'm not sure about the 3x monthly income, not in our case anyway. 

IME and understanding, they always verify income with stubs and w2.

Message 8 of 12
wmarat
Valued Contributor

They gave me decent initial CL.

They do verify income and identity by paystubs, w2, DL and SSN.

I have had card for 4 months, so I did not ask CLI, but I suspect they pull hard for CLI.

@Anonymous wrote:

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Does Addison run a chexsystem report on savings accounts?  Unfortunately I have been reported to chexsystems for 100.00 Smiley Sad

2.  From my understanding Addison likes to pull "experian" reports.  I have a very clean EXP report  (711) with 13% utilization-What chances may I have to receive a CC ?

Thank you!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.